Quantcast

This "most special child" crap just went too far...

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
A body alarm, for kids...

Yea, we've hit the point where your "special snowflake" has their own personal body alarm built into a back pack for your kids. This **** has gone too far...

"I want to tell you as I always do what a great product this is and that my daughter has never carried another backpack. I would like to briefly share a story with you that happened a few months ago. My daughter was in school, and had a run in with some bullies in her P.E. class. These girls were in the eighth grade and much larger than my child who is in the sixth grade... the group of bullies began pushing and shoving my daughter who then ran into the locker room to hide. The gang of girls continued to find her and come at her again. This is when my daughter grabbed her backpack and activated the alarm. Not only did the gang of girls disperse but it also brought several teachers/coaches to the scene. The long and short of the story is that the bullies were punished and the ringleader removed from the school entirely. My daughter's quick thinking and your excellent product saved her from what could have potentially been a very bad situation". - Ms. Tammie Ferguson, FL
What happened to kids taking care of themselves? Get beat up by a bully, learn to fight and go put his/her respective dick in the dirt. Go read the testimonial section, these are the ball busting harpy moms that will continue to assure that the world will be an overly sensitive place where no one, unless its their goddamn kid, can have any fun.

Trailslug46

Monkey
May 14, 2006
Indiana
I agree with fighting back but I'm sure if she had she would've been suspended if not expelled from school. Society is turning into a giant bunch of pvssies. Back in my day, (1970's) some kid looked at you sideways that was cause enough to kick his a**. You got your bruises you learned something and hopefully it made you a better person. Now you might hurt someones "feelings" and make them feel bad about themselves if you call a fat a** a fat a**. Give me the good old , took care of your own problems yourself, days.

Scrub

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2003
NOR CAL, Sac/CoCo County
I guess a kid screaming and yelling for help is not good enough to attract the attention of adults these days. :rolleyes: Next thing you know is that they'll remove the fire alarms because they're too loud for their precious ears

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
What was it Morgan Freeman said in Se7en?
Well in any major city, minding your own business is a science. The first thing they teach women at rape preventions is never cry for "help". Always yell "fire." Nobody answers to help. You yell fire and they come running.
Its gotten to the point where these kids are living in too much of a bubble. Its no longer little Johnny's fault that he's a dumbass, its the teacher's fault for not just giving them an A because "he tried really hard." Just because he tried real hard does not mean 2+2= 11.

I think it builds who you are as a person to take care of yourself. Snitches get stitches, take care of your own damn self.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I found as a kid that kicking someone's ass stops them from bullying you....considering usually the bullies are the biggest pvssies.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I am with Dirt...... Sorry but I got my ass kicked in Junior hi.. Went to the teachers and the response was simple, and i am glad I was givin this respose..... ..." Go kick his ass and stop being a pussy..." Well i took the week long suspension with pride, and that was the last day I was picked on all through school. I went back and let loose on the kids that picked on me since grade school and beat the ever living **** out of the first one I could grab, we all got hurt, we all learned something, every one of us today know each other and have respect for what happened...... I am glad I did not grow up when the systems liek we have now would have turned me into a pussy who does nto stand up for myself when i need to.

Kids, parents.... HTFU

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
And how, exactly, is this attitude different than a grown man throwing a ****-fit because a business chooses to not print a jersey or his frame is delayed?

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Man, you guys are really invested in being bad a$$es.

This was a sixth grade girl being picked on by a group of older, bigger girls. You are obviously not parents (I'm not either) if you think you not want your own 11 yr old girl to have some way to escape this situation.

Consider if this device had prevented the girl from being abducted or taken advantage of by an adult. Would it still be turning her into a pussy?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
What happened to kids taking care of themselves? Get beat up by a bully, learn to fight and go put his/her respective dick in the dirt. Go read the testimonial section, these are the ball busting harpy moms that will continue to assure that the world will be an overly sensitive place where no one, unless its their goddamn kid, can have any fun.
I hate the "it was more fun in the 60's/70's" attitude.

Like you don't need a helmet to jump your big wheel.

My classmate's 9 year old sister was killed when she rode a moped into a tree. I don't think she had a helmet on.

We didn't address bullying back then either, because there was no comprehensive plan. But I'm sure when there teen suicides, people just shrugged their shoulders.

Bad stuff is still going to fall between the cracks, but if there is a non-violent solution to bullying, which is not always physical, I'm all for it.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I hate the "it was more fun in the 60's/70's" attitude.

Like you don't need a helmet to jump your big wheel.

My classmate's 9 year old sister was killed when she rode a moped into a tree. I don't think she had a helmet on.

We didn't address bullying back then either, because there was no comprehensive plan. But I'm sure when there teen suicides, people just shrugged their shoulders.

Bad stuff is still going to fall between the cracks, but if there is a non-violent solution to bullying, which is not always physical, I'm all for it.
Hey douche bag I was being the voice of reason here!

You best back off or it's gonna be go time bi!ch. I'm gonna make you wish you had one of those silly backpacks.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Hey douche bag I was being the voice of reason here!

You best back off or it's gonna be go time bi!ch. I'm gonna make you wish you had one of those silly backpacks.
I'm blowing my rape whistle right now from your negative waves.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Oh time for some rant.

1. When I am paying for something, its expected to be delivered. If you can't do it, can't make it happen, etc, let me know so I can make a plan b. Your desire to compare child alarms to economics is interesting. Do you have a news letter?

2. Certain segments of America seem to have a real vested interest in making the pussification of America their top priority. It started in California, somewhere around Marin county, but now its spread like AIDS with a touch of Ebola. These kids down the road will be the ones suing things like bike parks because they fell down and went boom. There is no longer any personal responsibility in this country as it is, but things like this magic screaming backpack just speed up the bus ride to hell.

3. I do advocate being tougher. If you get bullied and you go home and eat a bullet or jump off a bridge because your roommate outed you, then the world is better off without you. Before you go on a rant about "you don't know anything because you've never had anyone you know do that," take the tampon out and understand that I have lost friends in that way. I even considered going that way myself. And when it was really bad, I had to reach back into those lessons learned when I was a kid who did get bullied. I took care of business then, and it gave me the tools at 32 to get up, dust myself off, and get back in the game to kick some ass.

This is just another tool of these insane hover parents who would rather protect their kids from every possible hurt vs. letting them build a tougher skin. Yes, kids get abducted. Yes, kids get beat up. Yes, **** happens when you're a child. It doesn't get any easier, and you need the scars and the armor you build up from these events to survive as you get older.

/angrywhiterant.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Oh time for some rant.

1. When I am paying for something, its expected to be delivered. If you can't do it, can't make it happen, etc, let me know so I can make a plan b. Your desire to compare child alarms to economics is interesting. Do you have a news letter?

2. Certain segments of America seem to have a real vested interest in making the pussification of America their top priority. It started in California, somewhere around Marin county, but now its spread like AIDS with a touch of Ebola. These kids down the road will be the ones suing things like bike parks because they fell down and went boom. There is no longer any personal responsibility in this country as it is, but things like this magic screaming backpack just speed up the bus ride to hell.

3. I do advocate being tougher. If you get bullied and you go home and eat a bullet or jump off a bridge because your roommate outed you, then the world is better off without you. Before you go on a rant about "you don't know anything because you've never had anyone you know do that," take the tampon out and understand that I have lost friends in that way. I even considered going that way myself. And when it was really bad, I had to reach back into those lessons learned when I was a kid who did get bullied. I took care of business then, and it gave me the tools at 32 to get up, dust myself off, and get back in the game to kick some ass.

This is just another tool of these insane hover parents who would rather protect their kids from every possible hurt vs. letting them build a tougher skin. Yes, kids get abducted. Yes, kids get beat up. Yes, **** happens when you're a child. It doesn't get any easier, and you need the scars and the armor you build up from these events to survive as you get older.

/angrywhiterant.
What made me think a lot about bullying was "The Girl With A Dragon Tattoo".

And it wasn't just Lisbeth, who was tortured as child by abuses in the social system, but the idea that with some care and intelligence, life could be better for many.

Bullies are rarely individuals who decide to take on society. It is quite the opposite: people who have a social or political standing who decide to pick on the helpless.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Seriously, I'm so sick of these sissy little 11yo girls! A good raping or beating would toughen them right up. Then they could be 6'2" 210lb ripped and hard as fvck like I was when I was an 11yo girl.

BTW I notice that some of the same people, who think a little girl carrying a backpack with an alarm built in is being "pussified", need to carry a gun because they are teh scared.

Who is a bigger pussy, the little girl with an alarm or the grown man who walks around with a gun?

Last edited:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
It's always someone else's fault. Hopefully my future kids will grow up learning to take care of themselves. Talking with my uncle that's been a teacher for 30 years, back in the day when Junior f'ed up, the teacher and parent were there bitching at the kid. Now you get the kid whining and the parents blaming everyone but their idiot kid. Bullying happens. Kids are mean. Pretty sure everyone gets a piece of it one way or another. Kids need to learn how to handle their own crap as part of growing up.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Seriously, I'm so sick of these sissy little 11yo girls! A good raping or beating would toughen them right up. Then they could be 6'2" 210lb ripped and hard as fvck like I was when I was an 11yo girl.

BTW I notice that some of the same people, who think a little girl carrying a backpack with an alarm built in is being "pussified", need to carry a gun because they are teh scared.

Who is a bigger pussy, the little girl with an alarm or the grown man who walks around with a gun?

Oh I am a tough guy with a pussy in my hand... ****ing democrats.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
3. I do advocate being tougher. If you get bullied and you go home and eat a bullet or jump off a bridge because your roommate outed you, then the world is better off without you.
<snip>
Yes, kids get abducted. Yes, kids get beat up. Yes, **** happens when you're a child. It doesn't get any easier, and you need the scars and the armor you build up from these events to survive as you get older.
You don't really believe the **** you type, do you? You couldn't possibly come off as a more ignorant douchebag.

I took care of business then, and it gave me the tools at 32 to get up, dust myself off, and get back in the game to kick some ass.
:rofl:

Oh good. Because I'd suggest kids use you as a role model.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I actually do believe that. We've, as a species, derailed the process of our evolution by rewarding and coddling our weakest members. I guess as the true apex predator of the planet we've kept true to form and now we hunt our own kind. You can tell me I am an ignorant douche bag, and I might even agree with you, but the point I am making is that life is hard, its getting harder, and if you get out because someone beats you up, calls you names or elsewise makes you feel ****ty, then you are doing us all a favor by getting off the bus.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Yikes.

Okay, guess there's no argument to have here.

You can go on living like a caveman, deluded about protections offered by your gun and your "apex predator" instinct. The rest of us will live normal, human lives, interacting with society in an intelligent and considered way, okay?

P.S. I don't agree at all with helicopter parenting or coddling kids from every possible threat. There's a pretty big gap between that and condoning bullying as "toughing kids up" or suggesting that someone who was bullied offed themselves as a favor to the species.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
That's the fun thing about opinions there BV, we all have them, and mine tend to spew like an asshole.

I believe in taking care of yourself. Cleaning up your own messes. Patching up your own wounds. Maybe this means I am not the evolved, caring, sensitive sentient being that I should be, and I am good with that. The world is a tough place, and if you let it win, it'll beat you to a pulp. I'd rather only have myself to blame at the end of any given day as opposed to blaming mom and dad, bullies, the system, Jeebus, or any other excuse you can make.

Back to my cave. Gotta go club seals tomorrow.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Oh I am a tough guy with a pussy in my hand... ****ing democrats.
Describe to me how having a gun to defend yourself is better than having a loud siren in your backpack for self defense.

Is it just that guns are manly and awesome and go BANG and there is no blood when a little kid calls for help with an alarm?

I actually do believe that. We've, as a species, derailed the process of our evolution by rewarding and coddling our weakest members.
Really?

Humans evolved as social creatures. We have always protected the weak and young members of our society. Look at gorillas, a young sexually immature female gorilla would likely have little or no contact with individuals outside of her own family/clan group and she would be protected by older mature members of her group.

Today we send our children out into a crazy world full of fvcked up people all by themselves every day. How is it a bad thing that they are given means to protect themselves?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I'm pretty big on self-reliance and accountability. There are a lot of difficult experiences that people will go through, and you learn and grow and change with them.

I just don't agree that big kids beating up little kids is an experience that should be accepted as part of growing up, or that abused kids who hurt themselves should be ignored.

I'm not entirely sure what the difference is between a kid who gets abused by a parent, and a kid who gets abused by their peers while the parents stand by and watch.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I don't think a body alarm is a means of self defense. Means to be a snitch, sure, but not a means of self defense. Teaching the kid to fight back is self defense. Same thing with a gun. Let me know what happens if someone pulls a gun on you and you pull the rip cord on your screaming back pack. I suspect that it'll make the cop's job of finding your body easier, but that's about it.

Besides, do you react to alarms? Do you go running to your neighbor's car if the alarm is going off? Do you charge into danger looking to find an intruder when your next door neighbor's burglar alarm is going off? I doubt it. We've become desensitized to alarms. We ignore them as a nuisance.

I really don't think the world is anymore messed up now than it was when we were kids. Maybe its better advertised as being the end of the world by CNN, but bad things happened then just like they happen now.

I'm pretty big on self-reliance and accountability. There are a lot of difficult experiences that people will go through, and you learn and grow and change with them.

I just don't agree that big kids beating up little kids is an experience that should be accepted as part of growing up, or that abused kids who hurt themselves should be ignored.

I'm not entirely sure what the difference is between a kid who gets abused by a parent, and a kid who gets abused by their peers while the parents stand by and watch.
How is teaching your kid to fight back standing by and watching? You take your son or daughter out in the garage and you show them how to drop someone bigger than them. I don't favor screaming back packs, but I will defend my kid to the bone if he kicks a bigger kid in the balls and puts his knee through their front teeth.

One of those things you go through is getting bullied. It happens. Later in life, you'll deal with an assbag boss or a jackbooted cop on a power trip. Those moments of pain in your childhood will teach you how to deal with those moments. Pull the ripcord on your light up personal alarm, let me know where that takes you when your boss is riding you because he can.

Moments of toil are how you evolve as a person. Pain is actually good for you.

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Still catching up, but I do not believe Dirt is pro getting bully'd, or pro you need to get your ass kicked... Pretty certain he knows if it can be avoided to begin with thats the best choice.... But like me I beleive he knows that whent he time comes step up and defend yourself.

BTW i carry a gun, it does not make me feel better, stronger, tougher anything like that......... I just plain do not trust people when i am carrying a 7k deposit to the bank.......

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I don't think a body alarm is a means of self defense. Means to be a snitch, sure, but not a means of self defense. Teaching the kid to fight back is self defense. Same thing with a gun. Let me know what happens if someone pulls a gun on you and you pull the rip cord on your screaming back pack. I suspect that it'll make the cop's job of finding your body easier, but that's about it.
Are you seriously so brainwashed from too many action movies that you think it is not self defense unless you are actively harming someone? Lets look at some examples of self defense in which no one gets hurt.

Lets say some dudes try to jump you and you pull your manly gun but they run off before you have the chance to prove your tough guy status and shoot them.

Now lets say some dudes try to jump you and a cop happens to be walking on the other side of the street. You forgot your shiny metal phallus at home today so you get the cops attention by yelling at him and they hoof it when they see him.

Ok now a little girl is getting jumped and she sounds an alarm which makes the attackers decide that it's not worth the risk of someone coming to help her and run off.

The result of these three situations are the same. The gun the cop and the alarm are all deterrents which change the dynamics of the situation and cause the aggressor to bug out for self preservation.

Besides, do you react to alarms? Do you go running to your neighbor's car if the alarm is going off? Do you charge into danger looking to find an intruder when your next door neighbor's burglar alarm is going off? I doubt it. We've become desensitized to alarms. We ignore them as a nuisance.
That's one of the beauties of a car alarm. It works even when it is ignored. Criminals are not brain dead. They know that if a car alarm goes off there is a chance someone will get suspicious and investigate.

Just a few months ago some jack ass walked down the street that I live on and robbed every car that was unlocked. Why didn't he just smash all the windows and get the stuff in the locked cars? He didn't want to get caught and he knew that if he was making a racket smashing windows and setting off alarms someone might come outside to check out what the hell was going on.

Last edited:

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Self defense neutralizes the threat has always been what works for me.

...Later in life, you'll deal with an assbag boss or a jackbooted cop on a power trip. Those moments of pain in your childhood will teach you how to deal with those moments. Pull the ripcord on your light up personal alarm, let me know where that takes you when your boss is riding you because he can...
Your logic fails. You're proposing that the kid fight off the bully/bullies, then you would apply that to an encounter with a law officer or your boss? Fisticuffs or something more exciting would be contraindicated in your example situations.

You are being a blowhard. :think: Wait, I knew that.

:think: Wait, I knew that your logic generally fails.

Back to our regular programming.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I actually do believe that. We've, as a species, derailed the process of our evolution by rewarding and coddling our weakest members. I guess as the true apex predator of the planet we've kept true to form and now we hunt our own kind. You can tell me I am an ignorant douche bag, and I might even agree with you, but the point I am making is that life is hard, its getting harder, and if you get out because someone beats you up, calls you names or elsewise makes you feel ****ty, then you are doing us all a favor by getting off the bus.
Would teaching Andy Warhol how to fight make him a better artist?

Would giving Bob Dylan a gun make him a better musician?

How about teaching Anderson Cooper to be more intimidating?

And this is a funny one, because I'm not a girlie man who is afraid of confrontation or fighting. But I just want to see people become more self-confident, not some kind of super-macho, tough guy BS.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
My guess is that if DirtMcGunt found himself surrounded by, let's say a group of 4-6 pro wrestler sized goons for arguments sake, he's gonna cower just like the little girl in question. So do us all a favor and have your tubes tied and stop wading into the gene pool.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I have never been rewarded for knocking someone in the head. For the most part I find it rather costly. My inability to control my temper has never been a asset. If I had a alarm to others that I am going to phugg up your chit, I would pull it.... I am often afraid of myself.... Yet I am afraid of the dark basement and spiders...

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Must have been a bad weekend for DMG. Drunk so early in the day.

:rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Dang...
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to DirtMcGirk again.
You're fvcking insane you insane fvcker. :p

Last edited:

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I feel like Ciaran is the voice of the great silent majority on children!