Quantcast

This one's for Loco..

MTBstud12

Monkey
Jan 24, 2008
Tejas
So the thread of how bike shops got me thinking...

The owner of the bike shop i go to is a freakin lazy a$$. He for 1) doesn't ride(that just seems weird). 2) Has an annoying kid that he brings in the shop cus he has no mother. 3)Is semi retarded when it comes to selling product.

1) I would think that someone who owned a bike shop at least rode some.. Never heard of him riding or seen him ride, which questions if theres a passion for the job or if its greed.

2) Every fvcking time i go to the shop his kid is around. One afternoon while I was there Loco was workin on my bike and his kid comes up and was like can i shoot you with this rubberband? (Note this is after repeated attempts by me and loco to get him to shut up and go away) Dad was around, doing nothing while there was customers in the store and the kids running wild. So i was like how about we put up the rubberbands. He responds "Do you own this bike shop? My dad does, so you cant tell me what to do." Loco interjects with something to the likes of "Danny how about you shut the hell up and stop bothering him, he's a customer and hes spent $3000 on that bike so i suggest you respect your dads customers." The kid shut up soon thereafter.

3) So the owner goes to sell me some cleats for my new road shoes(strictly a shimano/look/attack shoe, no spd set up). This was in my noob days so I of course am looking to the shop to give me guidance. He sells me Frogs..no set up for frogs on the Nike Lance shoe. So from then on I never trusted his opinion on purchases. Aside from being mildly retarded, he's 100% lazy. When they clean up aroudn the shop he leaves sh!t scattered on the sales floor like boxes assuming loco or the other wrench will clean it up... That bothers me about people.. Especially owners of a business, you would think they set an example in front of customers... Not this guy.

anyways, lucky for him Loco and the other shop manager are honest and helpful.. If it weren't for them, he might be out many customers.

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
Last night I was hanging out at the shop at Haven Skate Park and a little kid came in asking to buy everything in there, even an empty box. When we tried to sell him the box for $100 he gave up and started telling us that he was in Spiderman 3 and he had a million dollars. After I asked him if he played Spidermans girlfriend he shut up and left. The way to get annoying little kids in shops to leave is to bug them right back.

MTBstud12

Monkey
Jan 24, 2008
Tejas
Last night I was hanging out at the shop at Haven Skate Park and a little kid came in asking to buy everything in there, even an empty box. When we tried to sell him the box for $100 he gave up and started telling us that he was in Spiderman 3 and he had a million dollars. After I asked him if he played Spidermans girlfriend he shut up and left. The way to get annoying little kids in shops to leave is to bug them right back.
Thats awesome. Unfortunately for us this kid is the owners kid... :plthumbsdown: