Quantcast

this past week is a prime example of why stereo systems in apartments suck.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
every night this week the neighbors have been ****in' bassing out. i've beat on the walls every night after 11pm. tonight, i'm calling the cops. respect and commonsense....abso-****in'-lutely amazing qualities to have.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Have you tried talking to them? It really pissed me off when (in my old building) we were being a wee bit noisy and the cops showed up. Granted, we weren't running a sub at full bore, but...usually talking face to face helps (it has for me in the past), and you don't get piglets involved.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Wow. Knock your bad self out with the cops.

We retaliated against the guy who called the cops on us multiple times (their response time is horribly slow...they'd show up at 4 AM after we'd gone to bed) with the old trash can o' fish. Luckily, the next week he was confronted by about 10 people from the building and very nearly lynched over his smoking habits.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
we don't do anything. mandi's either on campus or studying in her room. i'm usually working or at the computer. the only complaint we've had against us is when we first moved in, we'd shower at like 11pm. downstairs people complained about that saying the water running kept them up all night.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Yeah...myself and Caitlin are pretty much the same way. Occasional music, but we're mostly at work/school. Since we moved into a much smaller (and nicer), more "personalized" building, things have been good. Landlord backed off on the "no bikes" thing, but the crazy 90 year old woman across the hall (whose hubby built this place in the 60s, so she has a lifetime lease basically...) says we slam our front door all the time (which, shockingly, we don't)...Perhaps it's time we put ol' Doris in a home.

J

JRB

I lived next door to bassmaster flash in San Antonio. I asked, begged and pleaded. Never worked. I called the cops, that didn't work. I threatened, nothing. I finally said **** it and moved.

In Temple when my mom was in hospice care, holmes upstairs had a Metallica concert. I asked once, nothing. I threatened to beat him to death, since he had no regard for my dying mother. He got it that time. He is also the guy that I drug his car from in front of the steps after repeated requests to move it. He never said a word, just quit parking there.

*I am pretty sure this is all old news here now. I have told the story at least once.

J

JRB

the Inbred said:
we don't do anything. mandi's either on campus or studying in her room. i'm usually working or at the computer. the only complaint we've had against us is when we first moved in, we'd shower at like 11pm. downstairs people complained about that saying the water running kept them up all night.
If I pay rent, **** them if they will tell me when I can shower. :mumble:

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
well, the guy apparently worked at 8am and got up at like 5:30, plus they have a 10yr old child...i don't think he speaks English. little Asian family. anyway, we had no problem showering earlier.

then they started fighting every night. i don't think i ever posted it, but about a month ago, the lady woke us up at 3am bawling her brains out. i was freaked out at the time 'cause i was like, "holy crap, did someone die?"...wasn't thinking clearly. anyway, it was crazy. i've never heard someone cry that loud.

J

JRB

the Inbred said:
<snip> i've never heard someone cry that loud.
Caroline has been screaming bloody murder the last 3 nights, like she has a dream. It starts at like 11 and goes until 11:45. She's doing it now. I just carried her around to no avail.