Quantcast

This seasons ride, cruizer

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
what make/model is it, or did you make it yourself?

looks good. not sure about the tire clearance slices out of the chainstays. . . . you think they will maintain strength like that ?

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
I built it. 1.1mm wall Dedacciai chainstays will be fine for me, I tend to ride smooth more racer style trails so its not like I am casing from 10 feet up ;)

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
Trying to be safe ;)

Jason, are you going to catty this weekend? I will be bringing the grill with me. . .

ahh i know man, i cant though it's my sons birthday, we're throwin a little dinger.

I'll be there soon though. hows your place going?

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
My trails are rideable but kinda suck right now. 2 guys I could count on for a little help have broken wrists and everyone else has lost interest in riding so its kinda dead over here. I have too many irons in the fire to dedicate enough time to keep stuff running tip top by myself. It will get there though. . . .

give me jingle and we will ride, we should actually catch up at Trilogy on a tuesday or thursday open practice. . . .

congrats to you. minus the cutouts on the chainstays, i like it. i'm just not sure i would trust it, but i don't know what 1.1mm wall Dedacciai means either...

btw, what is your handlebar height off the floor? i only ask because, i run 7 5/8" bars on my cruiser and my bar height appears to be lower than yours. i'm guessing the difference is caused by your pressfit headset(vs. intergrated) and topload stem(vs. drop)...

Last edited:

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
congrats to you. minus the cutouts on the chainstays, i like it. i'm just not sure i would trust it, but i don't know what 1.1mm wall Dedacciai means either...

btw, what is your handlebar height off the floor? i only ask because, i run 7 5/8" bars on my cruiser and my bar height appears to be lower than yours. i'm guessing the difference is caused by your pressfit headset(vs. intergrated) and topload stem(vs. drop)...

The center of bars are 37 5/8 off the floor and the bb is 12 1/4 to the center, that is with 2.3 k-rads . I think the bars are 5 1/4 rise but my head tube is probably a little taller than most bmx as well. It would be nice if the bars were a little taller but I will probably get used to riding it as is.

The chainstay thing is a non issue for me and most people actually, 1.1mm is a pretty heavy tube and the plates are tiged in with weldmold 888t filler so really it is probably the strongest part of the chainstay, it would break at the dropout first. But, if Van Homen asked to ride it I would tell him its not such a good idea. . .