Quantcast

This settles it, I am moving to Japan.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
BigMike said:
Yeah, no kidding! Thats pretty amazings, I'm definantly impressed. Those things have an incredible amount of dexterity.
I was thinking that. It has nearly as much dexterity as human fingers (looking at the way the arms move). That thing could be some bitching technology right there for a supervillain....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I've worked with a few real robots before. Not nearly as cute but pretty impressive when it starts whipping around a 300lb engine block.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Westy said:
I've worked with a few real robots before. Not nearly as cute but pretty impressive when it starts whipping around a 300lb engine block.

A friend of mine works in the machine shop at a local manufacturing plant. They bought a bunch of robots for the manufacturing floor and sent him to training for how to program them, etc. The first one they installed didn't get programmed right, it took out a wall and another robot before they shut it down :help:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Echo said:
A friend of mine works in the machine shop at a local manufacturing plant. They bought a bunch of robots for the manufacturing floor and sent him to training for how to program them, etc. The first one they installed didn't get programmed right, it took out a wall and another robot before they shut it down :help:
I've seen some pretty nasty damage from them. One ripped up its foundation after trying to lift a part that was still clamped in a machine. It didn't break the foundation bolts but ripped a big section of concrete out of the floor.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Echo said:
There's a technical term I use to describe that.... bad.