Quantcast

This should end well

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Dude, you're f'd in the head. How many guys here own a dog or cat?

J
so you're upset that cattle were mistreated, but not at the prospect that these desert bumblefvcks were planning on using women as human shields, and i'm the one that's fvcked in the head?

Big J

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Chicago
All I can say is holy f#@%......... really?

You guys actually think the BLM’s reaction is correct?

J

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

J
you mean enforcing laws that were enacted 20 years ago? that literally hundreds if not thousands of other ranchers have had no issues complying with?

my only question surrounding the BLM is why they waited two decades to enforce it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
bear in mind the following:

the local cattlemans' association has publicly stated that they cannot support this guy.

various legal authorities have weighed in and stated that this guy has absolutely NO legal standing for his actions.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
my only question surrounding the BLM is why they waited two decades to enforce it.
:stupid:
BLM is not doing a very good job of "sustain(ing) the health, diversity and productivity of the public lands for the use and enjoyment of present and future generations." if they are completely ignoring, or are incapable, of enforcing the law on land that it oversees.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
:stupid:
BLM is not doing a very good job of "sustain(ing) the health, diversity and productivity of the public lands for the use and enjoyment of present and future generations." if they are completely ignoring, or are incapable, of enforcing the law on land that it oversees.
small gov't in action?

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack

J
In all seriousness, you think that the BLM's reaction was INcorrect? They confiscated cattle that were trespassing on federal land, and which were owned by someone who owes more than $1m in back taxes/fees (for grazing on that federal land). What do *YOU* think they should have done?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
In all seriousness, you think that the BLM's reaction was INcorrect? They confiscated cattle that were trespassing on federal land, and which were owned by someone who owes more than $1m in back taxes/fees (for grazing on that federal land). What do *YOU* think they should have done?
Given everyone an AR-15, license to kill anyone that looks 'illegal' and impeached obama.
Duh.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Hellooooo...barbecue. Duh...

This clown not paying grazing fees then cloaking himself in Patriotism™ sickens me. Go to Somalia and enjoy Phreedumb™ there.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

J
Do you have any idea where the water comes from, who built the infrastructure and who OWNS the water rights in that particular area? Do you have any idea how many thousands of completely functional ranches
that operate on BLM land in Nevada do not have this guy's 'problem?' Or any idea how long the BLM has tried to engage this guy lawfully, peacefully and in most peoples' view completely reasonably?

What is fox news telling you was the appropriate way to deal with this?

Go build a house adjacent to forest service, park service or other BLM land, or any state park land in any state in the US, start farming or raising livestock on it. Tell me why you have a right to do that without paying fees.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The Bundy Range War was perpetuated by an irresponsible media vying for nothing more than ratings and an ill-informed and willfully ignorant public who, much like a NASCAR fan, come to the race simply in hopes of seeing a crash.

The militia groups, at least some, may have had noble intentions of some sort in the spirit of constitutionally- laden principles, but ultimately appeared to be the disgruntled and disenfranchised fanatical fringe element looking not for a cause to fight for, but a fight to support and glorify their cause.

The Bundy plea for support in a situation where he had clearly no arguable case in law, was a perfect storm of sorts.

The BLM and adjoining agencies in this situation are to commended for their prudence and immense restraint shown in the face of outright lawlessness masked as patriotism.

At the standoff in the wash, the true colors of these people was shown when they used for strategical advantage, the presence of women and children while threatening an armed response to the law.

Cliven Bundy, likely a victim to nothing short of his own pride, is no hero. He is certainly no patriot. He used pseudo-American sentiment to quite successfully create an event in history that perhaps once and for all will change how American ranchers in the west are perceived.

https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2014/04/13/kilter-bundy-won-america-lost-1/#.U0_KxVVdU1J

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I don't understand why each and every single one of those clowns isn't sitting in a federal jail cell awaiting a trail for sedition. Because this:
The stand-down was necessary to prevent bloodshed, but it must be recognized that if Bundy and a multitude of his supporters, militia friends, and even family members who broke the law, are allowed to go unpunished, anarchy will follow. Other groups, emboldened by the appearance of forcing a stand-down, will only continue to gain momentum. And furthermore, law enforcement as a whole will be rendered impotent as average people with disputes with current laws begin to wonder if they too can call a militia in to force the police to leave them alone.
The federal government has set a hell of a precedent if the let Rancher Hee-haw and his posse of bum-fvcks off the hook on this one.

*edit: It's of some note that an opinion like that comes from someone writing/living in St. George UT. Or anywhere in the sun baked stretches of the desert southwest. Not exactly a hotbed of liberal, government friendly thinking.

Last edited:

Big J

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Chicago
Well it appears most of you support BLM’s over the top ham fisted approach to settling a grazing rights dispute with a family. The question you may want to ask is why BLM was so heavy handed, this could be handled administratively.

It’s interesting that Harry Reid and his son weighed in on the dispute and his former staffer heads up the BLM. What dog do the Reid’s have in this hunt?

Doesn’t a rancher friend of Harry Reid have a grazing waiver? I’m not sure, something for you RM fact checkers.

J

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Well it appears most of you support BLM’s over the top ham fisted approach to settling a grazing rights dispute with a family. The question you may want to ask is why BLM was so heavy handed, this could be handled administratively.

It’s interesting that Harry Reid and his son weighed in on the dispute. What dog do the Reid’s have in this hunt? It’s interesting his former staffer heads up the BLM.

Doesn’t a rancher friend of Harry Reid have a grazing waiver? I’m not sure, something for you RM fact checkers.

J
less that we support the BLM, more that we recognize bundy as a bozo. he lost, he exhausted all legal options, yet still refuses to give up.