Quantcast

This sucks big time...

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
Knuckleslammer said:
Do people realize that on a tube of flouride toothpaste it says "supervise young children that brush" ? Why do you think that is?
Ummmmmmmm, CHOKING HAZARD!!!!

You really have gone off the deep end. Are you passing out flowers at the airport?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
So far what I'm getting by skimming this post:

If I ever get cancer, I'll put on my goggles and fill up the humidifier with peroxide.

Wonderful solution.

:thumb:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
riderx said:
Ummmmmmmm, CHOKING HAZARD!!!!
Ahahahhaha. Actually it's because you're not supposed to eat alot of toothpaste. Because of the fluoride. It's just that the *benefits* of using fluoride in toothpaste, drinking water, etc. *far* outweigh the risks.

Go easy on Knuck. He means well. I think. :think:

-S.S.-

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
Knuckleslammer said:
You wont be laughing when gas goes up to $5/gallon :eviltongu
Boy, this came out of left field. Too much aluminum in your diet?

The more gas goes up, the more I ride my bike. Besides, it's only 1 mile from my back door to the trail head, no car needed for that.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Knuckleslammer said:
The stabilization of ferrous iron by a toxic beta-amyloid fragment and by an aluminum salt.
by Yang EY, Guo-Ross SX, Bondy SC
AlzheimerSupport.com

08-28-1999
Source: Brain Res 1999 Aug 28;839(2):221-6 PMID: 10519044, UI: 99448489

(Department of Community and Environmental Medicine, University of California, Irvine 92697-1820, USA. )
This is not my field of expertise however, but look at the date on that study. I believe that the link between aluminum from cookware / foil etc. to Alzheimers have been largely disproven in the last couple of years.

1931 Three independent groups of scientists determine that fluoride in the water is the cause of dental mottling. Research teams from ALCOA Aluminum (who have fluorides as a hazardous by-product of aluminum manufacture) and the University of Arizona. Also shown by North African investigators and others. Dr. Gerald Cox of the Mellon Institute, owners of ALCOA, would later solve the expensive disposal problem with toxic fluorides by convincing others that it could be dumped in the public water supply as a "preventative" for tooth decay.

The International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology has classified Fluoride as an unapproved dental medicament due to its high toxicity. ... with production of toxic by-product sodium fluoride) increases.
This one I can do a little more with. Yes too much F is bad for you but small amounts definately help tooth decay.

Basically tooth enamel is made up of hydrooxyapatite Ca10(PO4)6(OH)2. F- replaces the OH-. Ca10(PO4)6F2 is much more resistant to attack by acids because the fluoride ion is a much weaker Bronsted-Lowery base than the OH-. If you don't know what that means pick up a freshman chem book. It has to do with equilibrium constants weak acids weak base reactions, etc.

Sure maybe alcoa had something to do with but it is a good thing. Go to England and check out their teeth. Yuck. No fluoride. And for Christ's sake don't eat a whole tube of tooth paste if for no other reason that all that baking soda would give you a tummy ache.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
jdschall said:
<snip>
This one I can do a little more with. Yes too much F is bad for you but small amounts definately help tooth decay.

Basically tooth enamel is made up of hydrooxyapatite Ca10(PO4)6(OH)2. F- replaces the OH-. Ca10(PO4)6F2 is much more resistant to attack by acids because the fluoride ion is a much weaker Bronsted-Lowery base than the OH-. If you don't know what that means pick up a freshman chem book. It has to do with equilibrium constants weak acids weak base reactions, etc.

Sure maybe alcoa had something to do with but it is a good thing. Go to England and check out their teeth. Yuck. No fluoride. And for Christ's sake don't eat a whole tube of tooth paste if for no other reason that all that baking soda would give you a tummy ache.
Hey. Are you trying to bring rational discourse into this thread? Shame on you. 50 lashes with a wet noodle for you. :mad:

-S.S.-

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Sorry. It was just too easy since I had the book right here on my desk.

Next time I will say something like "fluorine can't possibly be bad for you because it comes from flowers (remember fluorine means flower like because they sound the same) - unless you have allergies - then you better have an voice activated wok 'cause there's gonna be trouble."

Is that better. I'm going home now. Everybody have a good weekend. You too Knuck!

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Knuck, you would get along well with my girlfriend's mom and her "negative ions".

Anyway, you are right on one thing, and that's the milk. Milk is evil evil stuff...

But I drink it anyway. :evil:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
blue said:
Knuck, you would get along well with my girlfriend's mom and her "negative ions".

Anyway, you are right on one thing, and that's the milk. Milk is evil evil stuff...

But I drink it anyway. :evil:
I need to find a source of milk in kegs. My fambly went through 2 gallons in two days this week. :dead:

-S.S.-

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
narlus said:
i already paid that when i was in ireland.

ah, those were the days...
and yet the theory of holons still doesn't make sense to you? :confused: :rolleyes:

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
oooooo good luck with that girlie. i had the flu and almost died. the doc put me on some flu medicine called tami flu and some coedine cough syrup and i totally had a nervous breakdown. didnt sleep or eat for a week. finally stopped taking my medicine and immediately started feeling better. it was awful. i couldn't have survived leaving the couch with the way i felt.