Quantcast

This Sucks!!

TtotheJ

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
B'ham, WA
Here it is one of the nicest weekends of the year and I can't go riding! I'm going stir crazy right now as its been almost a month since I've been on my bike. It all started when I decided to send my shock into Push to be rebuilt and upgraded. While I was waiting to get the shock back I was prepping the rest of the bike and noticed the shock linkage was cracked. When I tried to remove it the linkage cracked in half (see attachments). So I ordered the linkage from the lbs and had to wait another week. The shop recommended I check the bearings while the bike was mostly apart and sure enough those were shot too. I thought I could get the bearings from the shop but one of the sizes I needed they didn't have so now I have to wait until Tue. or Wed. of this week to get those. After the cost of rebuilding the shock and then replacing the linkage and now replacing the bearings (oh yeah I almost stripped a couple of the bolts so I had to order a new bolt kit as well) I've spent almost $400. Then on top of all that, last week my transmission in my Explorer went to s*** so its costing me $1600 to have that fixed. All in all this has been one of the crappiest and expensive months of my life. Sorry just had vent.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Isn't there a complaint tax on posting vent threads too? i might have to read the FAQ again but i believe you just cost yourself another fifty bucks.

TtotheJ

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
B'ham, WA
The bikes an '02 Spec. Enduro. I know most of this is my own fault since I really haven't done anything to the rear of the bike since I put it together 2 years ago. Its still frustrating to have to wait a week each time I find something else wrong cause the lbs has to order the parts from Specialized.