Quantcast

This time tomorrow...

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
SkaredShtles said:
Already have a campsite lined up?
Not really. Hopefully we'll be able to get something in Sand Flats. We have enough people for 2 campsites, so we'll see if we can get 2 together. I dunno. We'll see.

Hey, how was Fruita?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
pixelninja said:
Not really. Hopefully we'll be able to get something in Sand Flats. We have enough people for 2 campsites, so we'll see if we can get 2 together. I dunno. We'll see.

Hey, how was Fruita?
Warm. Sunny. Dry. Perfect! We did a shuttle of The Ribbon, Eagle's Wing, Holy Cross, and the bottom part of the Gunny Loop. 3 hours - 9 miles. :thumb: Good thing we didn't have to do much climbing. :p

I've got some "secret camping" tips for Moab - if you want 'em, PM me.

-S.S.-

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
SkaredShtles said:
I've got some "secret camping" tips for Moab - if you want 'em, PM me.

-S.S.-

By secret.........you mean last resort? :mumble: I remember last time we went out there and trusted your camping plans. :eek: :help:

lukeduke

Chimp
Apr 4, 2003
i will be sitting at my desk working. you officially suck. but, I hope you have a great time! i am moving next week, will be just a 6hr drive from moab instead of the current 14hrs, gonna make a few stops there in the coming years, that's for sure!

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
lukeduke said:
i will be sitting at my desk working. you officially suck. but, I hope you have a great time! i am moving next week, will be just a 6hr drive from moab instead of the current 14hrs, gonna make a few stops there in the coming years, that's for sure!
Where are you moving to?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
lukeduke said:
Where ya movin' man?? Vegas? :p

-S.S.-

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
pixelninja said:
I will be on my way to Moab!
I assume your wife and baby won't be going since you're camping. It's good that you can get away once in a while and do your thing.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
LordOpie said:
I assume your wife and baby won't be going since you're camping. It's good that you can get away once in a while and do your thing.
Yeah, my wife's a good woman. Life's been so hectic lately that I haven't been camping in quite some time...by choice. But a spring trip to Moab was too tempting. I appreciate the fact that my wife knows its important to me. We're putting our house on the market in the next month, and it would have been very easy for her to use that to keep me from going. But she hasn't, and I love her for it. :heart:

lukeduke

Chimp
Apr 4, 2003
arizona. might be a little further drive than I think, but much much closer than norcal where i am now.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
LordOpie said:
congrats! Why?
We've got child #2 on the way and are looking to move to a neighborhood that is more family friendly. I love living in the city, but I don't want to raise my children here.

Another option is to move back to St. Louis. As sick as it sounds, this option is becoming rather attractive. The call of the grandmothers is becoming increasingly loud, and I would LOVE to be able to drop the kids off and have an occational evening alone with the wife. My brother has 2 kids and he tells me that he and his wife typically have 1 night per weekend alone because the kids love to have sleepovers with grandma. I love my first child and I'll love my second just as much, but me and the wife need our time together.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
pixelninja said:
We've got child #2 on the way and are looking to move to a neighborhood that is more family friendly. I love living in the city, but I don't want to raise my children here.

Another option is to move back to St. Louis. As sick as it sounds, this option is becoming rather attractive. The call of the grandmothers is becoming increasingly loud, and I would LOVE to be able to drop the kids off and have an occational evening alone with the wife. My brother has 2 kids and he tells me that he and his wife typically have 1 night per weekend alone because the kids love to have sleepovers with grandma. I love my first child and I'll love my second just as much, but me and the wife need our time together.
Did you like living in St. Louis?

I couldn't tolerate moving back to either MI or OH (inlaws) no matter how much I love the grandparents.

Luckily my mom comes out to visit 6-8 times/yr.

-S.S.-

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
SkaredShtles said:
Did you like living in St. Louis?

I couldn't tolerate moving back to either MI or OH (inlaws) no matter how much I love the grandparents.

Luckily my mom comes out to visit 6-8 times/yr.

-S.S.-
Actually, yes, I did like St. Louis. Its not a bad town. Cheap cost of living. Decent job market. Lots of friends and family. Lots of fat people and not a lot of outdoorsy stuff to do, but like any other place, its what you make it. We go back to StL more than they come out here, but I hate living out of a suitcase in someone's guest room. Even if they are family.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
pixelninja said:
Actually, yes, I did like St. Louis. Its not a bad town. Cheap cost of living. Decent job market. Lots of friends and family. Lots of fat people and not a lot of outdoorsy stuff to do, but like any other place, its what you make it. We go back to StL more than they come out here, but I hate living out of a suitcase in someone's guest room. Even if they are family.
Good point. Well, remember to let us know when you come out occasionally to ride. :p

-S.S.-