Quantcast

This weeks Cd critiques - An oldie aint such a goodie

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Pink Floyd: Piper at the gates of Dawn – Sucks ass but for all you druggies you would probably enjoy the hell out of it, hit it an extra time for me. (interstellar overdrive – crap) it’s only gets slightly better when they sing. Sucks, pretty disappointed in this one. I was looking for Animals but they didn’t have it.

Bad Company: 10 from 6 – Kind of like the ‘Best of your Local Classic Rock Stations play list but all on one CD’. It’s CLASSIC FREAKIN ROCK. FEEL LIKE MAKIN LOVE TOO YOUUUUUUUU!!!!!! (Bought it for Shooting Star great freakin song)
Good stuff.

The Allman Brothers: The Legendary Hits ($6 rack) – Be careful they might slip some of the ‘hippy lovin good times’ in on you and you might like it, or you might not. Freakin hippies. (And I’ve got ONE MORE SILVER DOLLAR… Not going to catch the midnight rider! Thank you WILLEY NELSON!)
Starts off ok ends ok I could do without some of the instrumentals.

Kansas: Encore Collection ($6 rack) – Damn it missed the ‘LIVE’ sticker on the back. Classic Kansas and done ok. Not bad for $6 better than the allman brothers cd… Bad company would kick the **** out of it but I had to pay full price for that one…. Ok the dudes voice cracks a little in it and he cant hit the highs. $6 though…. I’d be pissed if I paid full price for it….Ok I’m all the way through it now and I’ll give it a less than average rating it’s live and it’s hard to pull off a good live album.

O.A.R.: Risen – Pretty good to start….simple lyric’s…second song done better on their LIVE album 34th and 8th which is a great live album….Pretty good cd over all best out of the 5.
1. Oar
2. Bad Freakin Company
4. Kansas/Allman Brothers
Ass. Pink Floyd

Over all music is getting to expensive to buy again. Just recently they dropped the prices down to about $10 from 14/15 at best buy but now the prices are creeping back up for on other reason than the artist and producers need more bling. It’s time we stopped buying again and started swapping again.

Next Week – Everything Hootie.
Next Next Week – Sometimes Chris Eats Crow or Less Than you wanted to know about the Black Crows and the Brothers Robinson.