Quantcast

This weeks edition of "It's not about race".

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament

And this is about Race how?

The police were investigating how she ended up in the river, and it was not clear how long Judge Abdus-Salaam, who lived nearby in Harlem, had been missing. There were no signs of trauma on her body, the police said. She was fully clothed.

A law enforcement official said investigators had found no signs of criminality. Her husband identified her body.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Hmmm, sorry but my bar for evidence is a bit higher than that.
I'm sure being 9000 miles away you know better than the local legal community.

Well look at that, the NYPD just decided it wasn't a suicide and is investigating all leads - announced yesterday morning:

https://twitter.com/NYPD26Pct/status/854377274732425220/photo/1

NYPD 26th Precinct‏
@NYPD26Pct
9:53 AM - 18 Apr 2017

The #NYPD is seeking info on the death of Judge Sheila Abdus-Salaam. Anyone with info is asked to call our detectives at the numbers listed.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
this about sums it up:

"White people in the South believed in their right to own human beings so badly that they decided it was more important than being part of America. Ironically, the people waving Confederate flags are the same ones who rail about “patriotism” and being a true American."

http://www.theroot.com/why-wypipo-love-the-confederacy-explained-1794848151

There was also a terrible fear of reprisal. As slaves outnumbered their white owners they feared that ending slavery would result in a murderous uprising taking vengeance on the people that had brought generations of suffering. This is also the driving motivation behind the generation of extreme repression of former slaves after the civil war and not just your run of the mill racism Americans like to apply no non-Europeans. Something that Toshi doesn't seem to understand when he thinks that affirmative action with black people is unfair in regards to other minorities.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
There was also a terrible fear of reprisal. As slaves outnumbered their white owners they feared that ending slavery would result in a murderous uprising taking vengeance on the people that had brought generations of suffering. This is also the driving motivation behind the generation of extreme repression of former slaves after the civil war and not just your run of the mill racism Americans like to apply no non-Europeans. Something that Toshi doesn't seem to understand when he thinks that affirmative action with black people is unfair in regards to other minorities.
maybe if that murderous uprising was allowed to proceed, we'd be dealing with fewer racist fvcks today

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Office Harley-Douche was commenting that it would be fine to run over "kids dressed like thugs as they are probably drug dealers" if one had to avoid a dog while driving.

I asked him if was OK to run fat middle aged bikers off the road because biker gangs run most of the drug distribution on the west coast.

I am sure that race has nothing to do with the fact that society judges kids silly fashion choices because it may match their preconception of a drug dealer, but a fat middle aged man in a biker costume is just seen as a "bad boy".

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
(I knew that...I was trying to be obnoxious. I cling to the belief that we are all racist in some way shape or form...we are all scared/intimidated/weirded out by that which is different than we are. It is only by overcoming this fear can we move ahead together.)

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
(I knew that...I was trying to be obnoxious. I cling to the belief that we are all racist in some way shape or form...we are all scared/intimidated/weirded out by that which is different than we are. It is only by overcoming this fear can we move ahead together.)
Totally.

The problem is racism is bias based on race. Much of the time, we don't realize when we are biased. Ignorant white Christians think that racism is only consciously/actively hating a certain race or being part of the KKK/Black Panthers, when it goes so much deeper than that. We all have biases based on race. Some of us realize this and try to avoid it/improve. Some people don't give a flying **** and just care about themselves.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Totally.

The problem is racism is bias based on race. Much of the time, we don't realize when we are biased. Ignorant white Christians think that racism is only consciously/actively hating a certain race or being part of the KKK/Black Panthers, when it goes so much deeper than that. We all have biases based on race. Some of us realize this and try to avoid it/improve. Some people don't give a flying **** and just care about themselves.
Is the @FSM made of white or wholewheat pasta?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
http://komonews.com/news/local/book-festival-boots-rachel-dolezal-after-backlash

LOL. can't get enough of this chick. She legally changed her name awhile back too. to sound more black....
While I love a train wreck as much as the next guy, and certainly Rachel Dolezal qualifies, I actually feel kind of bad for her these days. If she was running around telling everyone she was Napoleon vs. random black person, she might have gotten the mental help she clearly needs by now.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
‘No threat to persons or community’: Florida judge grants bail to neo-Nazi arrested with bomb-making materials

According to the police who took Russell into custody, they discovered the weapons and materials used for making bombs in Russell’s garage and that he had a framed picture of Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh on his dresser. Police also state they discovered Nazi and white supremacist literature on Russell’s computer.

Investigators report that Russell, a member of the Florida National Guard, admitted that he is a Nazi sympathizer and that he previously had created explosives.