Quantcast

This weeks edition of "It's not about race".

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
^^^ What's the big deal? Maybe he just was identifying as black that day. All the cool kids are playing make believe these days.

Newly married couple model Martina Big, 28, and Michael Eurwen appeared on This Morning. They have both had tanning injections to darken their skin and claim that doctors have told them that their babies will be black
Their babies are more likely to be Klingon, I'd think. :fie::fie::bad:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
An Alabama newspaper editor wants to bring back lynching

Goodloe Sutton is back in the news again - this time because he recently called for mass lynchings and suggested that the Ku Klux Klan should return to "clean out" Washington.

"Time for the Ku Klux Klan to night ride again," began a Feb. 14 editorial in the newspaper, which went on to claim that Democrats, along with some Republicans, were planning to raise taxes in Alabama. It concluded, "Seems like the Klan would be welcome to raid the gated communities up there."

Sutton, who is also the paper's publisher, could not immediately be reached for comment. He told the Montgomery Advertiser on Monday that he had written the editorial, which ran without a byline, and stood by it.

"If we could get the Klan to go up there and clean out D.C., we'd all been better off," he told the paper, explaining, "We'll get the hemp ropes out, loop them over a tall limb and hang all of them."

During the same conversation, Sutton argued that the KKK "didn't kill but a few people" and "wasn't violent until they needed to be," the Advertiser reported on Monday. He further suggested that the Klan, a white supremacist hate group, was comparable to the NAACP. Sutton also added that people could call him, write him a letter or boycott the paper if they disagreed with his views.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/An-Alabama-newspaper-editor-wants-to-bring-back-13627025.php

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Do you have hate-speech laws in the US? I know your freedom of expression laws are more permissive than in much of the rest of the world, but are there "lines" that cannot be crossed? Libel law seems like a line... are there any for hate?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Do you have hate-speech laws in the US? I know your freedom of expression laws are more permissive than in much of the rest of the world, but are there "lines" that cannot be crossed? Libel law seems like a line... are there any for hate?
I believe the line is crossed when it’s applied to an individual rather than being a general statement.

You can scream ‘I hate niggers’ from the rooftops but it isn’t hate speech until you specifically call an individual that.

I may be completely wrong about that though.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Generally.......No.

TL;DR: It's pretty fucking complicated

As a sidebar, I'm generally in favor of pretty much unlimited/unrestricted free speech. Yes, it leads to things like the ACLU defending Nazi's and the Klan even though I think we all agree those are pretty abhorrent organizations/beliefs, but on the other hand, free speech allows us to easily identify and counter people who hold these ideas. With any luck, this AL newspaper editor/publisher will be shunned back into the dank hole from whence he crawled to die alone and in poverty, never to be heard from again. It says something, I think, about the current milieu that a person feels the time is right to put such things to ink and paper. If only one could identify why someone feels comfortable saying these things aloud again all of the sudden......

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Generally.......No.

TL;DR: It's pretty fucking complicated

As a sidebar, I'm generally in favor of pretty much unlimited/unrestricted free speech. Yes, it leads to things like the ACLU defending Nazi's and the Klan even though I think we all agree those are pretty abhorrent organizations/beliefs, but on the other hand, free speech allows us to easily identify and counter people who hold these ideas. With any luck, this AL newspaper editor/publisher will be shunned back into the dank hole from whence he crawled to die alone and in poverty, never to be heard from again. It says something, I think, about the current milieu that a person feels the time is right to put such things to ink and paper. If only one could identify why someone feels comfortable saying these things aloud again all of the sudden......
I am in general agreeance with this stance. I, personally, like to know when someone is a racist/homophobic/mysogenistic twat-waffle. And (mostly) unfettered free speech allows us to identify these cretins. Hell - and social media makes it easy for EVERYONE to see what fucking morons they are.

The bad side to all this is that I'm discovering how MANY fucking morons there are. :(

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Sunlights the best antiseptic, or whatever that saying is.

While stats show hate crimes are on rise, it’s interesting to see how that trend is being fanned by both parties, as this NYT article discusses.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
virginias first lady hands cotton to black students touring the mansion....ummm.....wow.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Well, now we have a new US export that Trump can be proud of.
From what I can tell, he hasn't said a damn thing yet. Says shit right away when brown people are suspect, but not a peep when it's a white person. Racist fucker.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
From what I can tell, he hasn't said a damn thing yet. Says shit right away when brown people are suspect, but not a peep when it's a white person. Racist fucker.
I correct myself. One comment on Twitter then more rambling on about Russia and the Jexoudous (whatever the fuck that is?). Not a peep about terrorism, which every other country has clearly stated it is.

Cheeto Jesus said:
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 7h7 hours ago
My warmest sympathy and best wishes goes out to the people of New Zealand after the horrible massacre in the Mosques. 49 innocent people have so senselessly died, with so many more seriously injured. The U.S. stands by New Zealand for anything we can do. God bless all!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Well, now we have a new US export that Trump can be proud of.
Tarrant described himself as an "ethno nationalist eco fascist", having previously identified as a communist, an anarchist and a libertarian. He wrote that he believed in "ethnic autonomy for all peoples with a focus on the preservation of nature, and the natural order".

whatever that horseshit means.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Finally, to create conflict between the two ideologies within the United States on the ownership of firearms in order to further the social, cultural, political and racial divide within the United States. This conflict over the 2nd amendment and the attempted removal of firearms rights will ultimately result in a civil war that will eventually balkanize the US [that] will not only result in the the racial separation of people within the United States ensuring the future of the White race on the North American continent but also ensuring the death of the ‘melting pot’ pipe dream,” he writes.
more....

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
For fucks sake.
We all started out the same colour.
Then through geographic balkinization, we ended up different colours.
Now, due to globalization and easy travel we are coming back together into a single colour.
The only way to stop this is to break the modern world, which coincidentally, we are making a hell of a go at.
Makes you wonder....

Fuck I hate people.

meh

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
evidently....it is chelsea clintons fault too....

A group of NYU students confronted Chelsea Clinton on Friday over her recent condemnation of Democratic Minnesota Rep. Ilhan Omar, leaving the former first daughter apologizing profusely...

“This right here is the result of the massacre stoked by people like you and the words that you have put out into the world,” one student responded. “I want you to know that. I want you to feel that deep inside. The 49 people died because of the rhetoric you put out there.”

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament

Hey folks,
Ok so it's been a rough few days for all of us down here.
On Friday do you know what I was doing?
Well every year my bike shop has a tradition that I started a couple of years back.
For international women's day we get a bunch of refugee and migrant women and teach them to ride bikes.
This year due to weather we had to delay it for a week..... to last Friday.
Pretty much everyone carries a mobile phone these days and is in near constant communication with family and friends.
So as you can imagine the news hit us and the ladies fast and bad, pretty clear we had to pull the plug and get them back to their families and loved ones super fast, so got that done.
Then all the food (for 120) that had been purchased from a local catering kitchen run by migrants
https://pomegranate.org.nz/
Well took that to the city mission.
Rest of my day I was helping a mate move from her rented apartment to a new home to help with her getting away from an ex partner English stalker dude.
After that we both wandered down the road and got Indian takeaways, while there an Indian lady we got chatting to while staring at the horrifying news feed on the shops TV, well her brother had been in that mosque. He was ok thankfully but more tears and hugs shared between the 3 of us.
I think by the time me & my mate crashed that night we were pretty teared out.

I've been trying to avoid most social media last few days as I've been way to prone to just (metaphorically) ripping the heads off of wankers...... Although quite happy with what I said to the Australian Senator Anning who promptly blocked me.

Soo ok overlong whingey rant over, as you were chaps.

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Seems legit

SAVANNAH, Ga. (AP) — Organizers of a meeting to discuss an upcoming mayoral race in Georgia barred reporters from attending — unless they were African-American.

The Wednesday meeting at a church in Savannah was held to try to unite the city’s black community behind a single candidate for mayor in the Nov. 5 election. Signs at the door said “Black Press Only!”

E3D5AF39-39F9-44C8-8D5D-C2D400487DC3.jpeg