Quantcast

This weeks edition of "It's not about race".

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
The least eye-rolly thing going on in this story is the actual fight.
I know, cuz guns. :rolleyes:

But the white guy calling the black dude racist is OK.

How dare that guy wear a shirt for a pro-black, justice oriented organization that shares his values. He’s lucky an enlightened Bernie bro was there to educate him.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I know, cuz guns. :rolleyes:

But the white guy calling the black dude racist is OK.

How dare that guy wear a shirt for a pro-black, justice oriented organization that shares his values. He’s lucky an enlightened Bernie bro was there to educate him.

Yes, that's exactly what I was referring to, you jackass. :rolleyes:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Also appears to have an inflammatory t-shirt criticizing other alternatives to the FSM.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

Arson and looting are always a persuasive argument.
Well burning your own community will certainly show them.
Worked for Detroit.
I get it and I shake my head at 'that' part of this. There are also many peaceful protests and those continue too.

But...
I think my support of law enforcement is pretty well documented over the years. I can't think of any circumstances based on what I've seen with my own eyes and know of the event, threat, etc., where I believe that kneeling cop isn't guilty of involuntary manslaughter at best, second degree murder at worst. Maybe short of an autopsy saying he didn't die from as a result of that event.

If that were you or me we would already have been arrested solely on the video.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I get it and I shake my head at 'that' part of this. There are also many peaceful protests and those continue too.

But...
I think my support of law enforcement is pretty well documented over the years. I can't think of any circumstances based on what I've seen with my own eyes and know of the event, threat, etc., where I believe that kneeling cop isn't guilty of involuntary manslaughter at best, second degree murder at worst. Maybe short of an autopsy saying he didn't die from as a result of that event.

If that were you or me we would already have been arrested solely on the video.
I agree and the root cause is qualified immunity, something the USSC refused to take up earlier this month.

There's no question this was excessive force.
My point is burning down/looting businesses with zero correlation is a bad look and will exacerbate the issue of retail deserts in black communities as a result.

Yes there are peaceful protests.
The bad actors here aren't protesters though, they're opportunists.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
My point is burning down/looting businesses with zero correlation is a bad look and will exacerbate the issue of retail deserts in black communities as a result.

Yes there are peaceful protests.
The bad actors here aren't protesters though, they're opportunists.
As opposed to what exactly? "you'll be hearing from our attorney?" :rofl:

It's still a better reason to break shit than a hockey game for a bunch of nerdy white people.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Why do you think canadian whites destroy their own community like that? It's a bad look I say. It's just going to contribute to the poutine deserts of white urban areas.
You should go loot the snowmobile shop to protest the covid superspreaders in tahoe.
That'll turn things around.
TLM

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
You should go loot the snowmobile shop AIR BnBs to protest the covid superspreaders in tahoe.
That'll turn things around.
wanna come?

we can hire you for the remodels after trashing the places

People smashing shit to a degree is an expression of helplessness when their own government hunts them and they feel powerless to do anything about it. It does get a little old listening to white people with some degree of means look down their noses and comment on 'appearances'.

It's not about looking palatable to you.

Strongly disagree. There are thousands of interactions every day between cops and people of every color that go without incident. Consider that a typical day of a cop in rural Vermont is a lot different than a day on the west side of Chicago, or any other high crime area.
I have lived in a number of urban areas, some high crime. The Vermont State Police are extremely polite and well trained and still shoot a lot of people that they shouldn't. Local police are all over the map in their behavior.

I regard New York and Massachusetts state police as rotten to the core, as are the New York City police and transit police. They're also criminally violent and racist (this for the organizations as a group; I know that individual behavior will differ).

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
wanna come?

we can hire you for the remodels after trashing the places

People smashing shit to a degree is an expression of helplessness when their own government hunts them and they feel powerless to do anything about it. It does get a little old listening to white people with some degree of means look down their noses and comment on 'appearances'.

It's not about looking palatable to you.
I'm in, just leave a good sled for me.

I understand the reasoning for their frustration.
Want to protest? Have at it, but keep it directed to those you're protesting.
PD? Mayor? Go for it.

The appearance comment has nothing to do with 'looking down my nose'.
A cause that should focus solely on the behavior of the MPD is now overshadowed by images of looters walking out with flatscreens.
It's moronic no matter what color you are.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
@kidwoo case in point:

Instead of this being the image shown of the front page:
1590690621061.png

or this
1590690482965.png

Or this :rofl:
1590690521666.png

We have this (nyt)
1590690186421.png

This (wapo)
1590690213383.png

This (latimes)
1590690358651.png

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I don't know what you mean

That aspect of what gets covered is certainly bullshit.

Regarding "appearances" to you or me that's kind of the problem. We a see a media geared to get a reaction out of us. It's not really our gig though.

But I'd argue the shenanigans are working. You hear how quickly a federal investigation is now moving?