Quantcast

This weeks edition of "It's not about race".

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
like the kennedys never had a lawn jockey in their yard...

and you know as well as i do that white people have no business trying to do reggae...

unless it's dread zeppelin.

and it sounds like sonny needs to have a gun cleaning accident.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Dwyane Wade – "Wow!!! Stunned!!! Saddened as a father!!! Some1 make sense of this verdict for me right now please!!! Don't worry I'll wait..."
Victor Cruz – "Thoroughly confused. Zimmerman doesn't last a year before the hood catches up to him."

Note: Tweet has since been deleted.
Stephen Curry – "Watched a lot of the case...though manslaughter was a definite! Thinking about everyone involved especially the Martin family”
Roddy White – "All them jurors should go home tonight and kill themselves for letting a grown man get away with killing a kid”

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
With such strong support from the right on the Zimmerman verdict this must mean women in Texas can use the castle doctrine since pregnancy potentially carries serious risk and they may stand their ground if they feel threatened by their reproductive system.

This also means children can beat or kill each other with no consequences if they feel threatened on the playground. Principals can't deny their legal rights.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
With such strong support from the right on the Zimmerman verdict this must mean women in Texas can use the castle doctrine since pregnancy potentially carries serious risk and they may stand their ground if they feel threatened by their reproductive system.

This also means children can beat or kill each other with no consequences if they feel threatened on the playground. Principals can't deny their legal rights.
or johne might let a guy beat his brains out on the pavement but will shoot a dog if feeling threatened?

:D

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
You funny Steve...still sore about the Phlyers losing the Cup to my Hawks? :)

The real tragedy here is that two lives have been destroyed...I wonder if all the people protesting would feel the same way if the races were reversed or different. This is not about gun control, race relations or how stupid Floridians are. This is about one man and his actions one fateful night and the aftermath of said actions. I bet if he could do it again, Zimmerman would have followed the dispatchers advice and stayed in his car.

It is over and done with...what have we learned as a society?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
We already knew Florida was stupid - vigilantism is illegal for good reason. Castle doctrine at best should only apply to your own property.
Nods head in agreement...

Even then, you want my tv? Take the fvcking thing.
Come near my family and you will have a whole new problem set. But to take a life over a material object? Just cant see it. I will go get a newer, cooler model, install new locks and get a bigger dog.

Now touch my bikes, thats another story...

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Last edited:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Hmmmm...

"In deciding whether Trayvon Martin was justified in the use of deadly force, you must judge him by the circumstances by which he was surrounded at the time the force was used. The danger facing Trayvon Martin need not have been actual; however, to justify the use of deadly force, the appearance of danger must have been so real that a reasonably cautious and prudent person under the same circumstances would have believed that the danger could be avoided only through the use of that force. Based upon appearances, Trayvon Martin must have actually believed that the danger was real.
If Trayvon Martin was not engaged in an unlawful activity and was attacked in any place where he had a right to be, he had no duty to retreat and had the right to stand his ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he reasonably believed that it was necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony."

What if?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I think more people of color have died from gun violence in various parts of Africa this year, that still doesn't make crime in FL (or elsewhere) acceptable.
i did not say that it did.

look at this cracker...just look at him.

Last edited:

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Apparently, if you're going to witness you're friend getting shot, you should sound as educated and white as possible.

http://gawker.com/juror-b37-george-zimmermans-heart-was-in-the-right-p-796086979

The juror said she found the testimony of Rachel Jeantel unconvincing, in part because of what she perceived as Jeantel's poor education and “her [lack of] communication skills." When Cooper asked if the juror had trouble understanding Jeantel, she said, “A lot of the time. Because she was using phrases I had never heard before, and what they meant."

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
"I think George Zimmerman is a man whose heart was in the right place, but just got displaced by the vandalism in the neighborhoods and wanting to catch these people so badly that he went above and beyond what he really should have done,"
so... he was playing vigilante?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Apparently, if you're going to witness you're friend getting shot, you should sound as educated and white as possible.

http://gawker.com/juror-b37-george-zimmermans-heart-was-in-the-right-p-796086979
The juror said she found the testimony of Rachel Jeantel unconvincing, in part because of what she perceived as Jeantel's poor education and “her [lack of] communication skills." When Cooper asked if the juror had trouble understanding Jeantel, she said, “A lot of the time. Because she was using phrases I had never heard before, and what they meant."
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/piers-morgan-conducts-riveting-interview-with-trayvon-martins-friend-witness-rachel-jeantel/
She explained that the term is actually spelled “cracka” and defined it as “people who are acting like they’re police.”
time to update urban dictionary?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
What if......
'what if' what? what if the media constantly showed a pic of a happy little white kid taken yrs before his death as compared to a seemingly angry black guy in a prison jumpsuit?

they'd *still* be guilty of whipping up race hatred

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
'what if' what? what if the media constantly showed a pic of a happy little white kid taken yrs before his death as compared to a seemingly angry black guy in a prison jumpsuit?

they'd *still* be guilty of whipping up race hatred
Serious question - If Trayvon had been a blue-eyed blond-haired white kid and Zimmerman had been a black guy, do you honestly think that the situation (the initial confrontation, as well as the resulting trial) would have played out *exactly* as it did?

My gut feeling is "no", but that might be why I'm upset over the verdict.