Quantcast

This weeks edition of "It's not about race".

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Much Ado About Nothing?

Also, Murder Hornets are from Japan. I am sure all the same to a lot of people.

Didn't read the complete article, but I have received Amazon items I did not order, I assume as part of people purchasing said items so they could "review" them.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
LOL

Shit heads court other shit heads and are shocked at all the shit heads that are exactly the kind of shit heads they wanted to court.

“The racism [expletive] really pisses me off,” Hafer said. “I hate racist, Proud Boy-ish people. Like, I’ll pay them to leave my customer base. I would gladly chop all of those people out of my [expletive] customer database and pay them to get the [expletive] out.” If that was the case, I asked, had Black Rifle — which sells a Thin Blue Line coffee — considered changing the name of its Beyond Black coffee, a dark roast it has sold for years, to Beyond Black Lives Matter? Surely that would alienate the racists polluting its customer base.

Hafer began to laugh. “You wouldn’t do that,” I ventured.

“I would never do that,” Hafer replied. “We’re trying to be us.”

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
LOL

Shit heads court other shit heads and are shocked at all the shit heads that are exactly the kind of shit heads they wanted to court.

“The racism [expletive] really pisses me off,” Hafer said. “I hate racist, Proud Boy-ish people. Like, I’ll pay them to leave my customer base. I would gladly chop all of those people out of my [expletive] customer database and pay them to get the [expletive] out.” If that was the case, I asked, had Black Rifle — which sells a Thin Blue Line coffee — considered changing the name of its Beyond Black coffee, a dark roast it has sold for years, to Beyond Black Lives Matter? Surely that would alienate the racists polluting its customer base.

Hafer began to laugh. “You wouldn’t do that,” I ventured.

“I would never do that,” Hafer replied. “We’re trying to be us.”
Can't read article, I'm poor.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
View attachment 163188

this is beyond strange....
Oh hey I remember that. I lived in baltimore then and both cities were kind of intermeshed with that scene. I was only 15 but remember a bunch of shitty skinheads always bitching about lefty. There were all kinds of songs talking about kill lefty. Never knew that was lefty......huh

Just started googling, here's another mention

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Oh hey I remember that. I lived in baltimore then and both cities were kind of intermeshed with that scene. I was only 15 but remember a bunch of shitty skinheads always bitching about lefty. There were all kinds of songs talking about kill lefty. Never knew that was lefty......huh

Just started googling, here's another mention
it popped up on the 930 club fb page....there were like maybe one or two skinheads in my highschool in the mid 80's.....but they hung out and got high with everyone...not your typical skinhead aryan idiots...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
"Our symbols stand as celebratory representations of a genuine Irish heritage at Notre Dame a heritage that we regard with respect, loyalty and affection."

genuine heritage represented by a imaginary creature. got it.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
"Our symbols stand as celebratory representations of a genuine Irish heritage at Notre Dame a heritage that we regard with respect, loyalty and affection."

genuine heritage represented by a imaginary creature. got it.
It beats the whole touching boys thing that Catholics like to do, too.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Not about race, about Nazis.

I feel like we need a Texas Sucks thread.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I feel like we need a Texas Sucks thread.
It's so implied in the name, it seems redundant.

I mean texas doesn't even have florida man keeping it interesting.

"The other side" of the Holocaust is what you get decades in of Texas making the same argument for everything else in shitty textbooks. Oh well it must apply to this subject too right? Unaware that it never applied to the other topics either, for the same reasons.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

Coles notes:
France, 1962 - waning days of the Algerian war. The French gov't imposes a curfew on only Algerian Muslims in France. A peaceful protest is organised in Paris. Somewhere between 20,000 and 40,000 people show up. Cops do cop shit, arrest 12,000 of them, and kill at least 120, maybe up to 200. Some are shot, others clubbed to death, and others still are thrown into the Seine

Mitterand recognised the facts when he was Président, but only Macron has commemorated the event. This is the first I've heard of this (and my mom lives in France, and I've spent a few years there as a teenager). I knew racism is a huge issue there (one of the reasons I chose to remain living in Canada, rather than going to live there with my family). But this is.... bah! not totally a surprise, but still revolting.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

Coles notes:
France, 1962 - waning days of the Algerian war. The French gov't imposes a curfew on only Algerian Muslims in France. A peaceful protest is organised in Paris. Somewhere between 20,000 and 40,000 people show up. Cops do cop shit, arrest 12,000 of them, and kill at least 120, maybe up to 200. Some are shot, others clubbed to death, and others still are thrown into the Seine

Mitterand recognised the facts when he was Président, but only Macron has commemorated the event. This is the first I've heard of this (and my mom lives in France, and I've spent a few years there as a teenager). I knew racism is a huge issue there (one of the reasons I chose to remain living in Canada, rather than going to live there with my family). But this is.... bah! not totally a surprise, but still revolting.
Colonial empires, fucking up the world for a couple of thousand years.