Quantcast

This weeks edition of "It's not about race".

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I really, REALLY do not miss the days of listening to Foghorn Leghorn explain to me the way things are going to work.

And I also just learned that when traveling on the bus I need to carry the biggest fattest dildo I can find. "that's for you officer, I brought it for you"

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I really, REALLY do not miss the days of listening to Foghorn Leghorn explain to me the way things are going to work.

And I also just learned that when traveling on the bus I need to carry the biggest fattest dildo I can find. "that's for you officer, I brought it for you"
used colostomy bags

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I think this goes here...

View attachment 176520

View attachment 176517
I can already heart the dismissive comments: the Anti-Defamation League has an agenda... but still.... that's pretty frickin stark.

and for the "whatabouters":
View attachment 176522
I like bar graphs that mix percentages and hard numbers.

Assuming that's a complete listing with the actual numbers equating 45%, the top bar should just be 55. Plenty of anti-gov left wingers too

I don't know what ADLs 'agenda' is in your mind but they're full of a bunch of idiots who regularly equate the anteefas with nazis. They formed all kinds of dumb task forces to 'counter violent extremism' and both sides-ed the crap out of their discussions pretty regularly. Kind of funny to see that screen cap, because that's exactly what they have a history of. Everyone with a brain already knows there's no equivalency.

See here :rofl:

And they sure do love israel's violent right wing bullshit against Palestine.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I like bar graphs that mix percentages and hard numbers.

Assuming that's a complete listing with the actual numbers equating 45%, the top bar should just be 55. Plenty of anti-gov left wingers too

I don't know what ADLs 'agenda' is in your mind but they're full of a bunch of idiots who regularly equate the anteefas with nazis. They formed all kinds of dumb task forces to 'counter violent extremism' and both sides-ed the crap out of their discussions pretty regularly. Kind of funny to see that screen cap, because that's exactly what they have a history of. Everyone with a brain already knows there's no equivalency.

See here :rofl:

And they sure do love israel's violent right wing bullshit against Palestine.
there it is! my problem with these articles is that they never actually define antisemitism, or antisemitic acts. I don't think I'd call criticism of Israel and its policies antisemitic. But I suspect the ADL does.

Still, in my mind, there's a difference between speech and actions (though permissiveness of speach that encourages and leads to violent action is... problematic).

I still think the graph in the NYT article speaks pretty plainly, despite its provenance.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
But I suspect the ADL does.
Very much so. Palestine is literally undergoing an ethnic genocide at the hands of israel and anyone who points out how barbaric and colonial it is, the ADL loses it's shit and starts running around calling critics antisemitic monsters.

I just don't see the 'work' they did on this as any big deal. SPLC has been been putting out more robust numbers for years. So have lots of others. And given their both sides BS it sucks that it's given some kind of unique creedence by the NYT. But that's how the NYT rolls! When fox news gets excited about the same rollout for the opposite reason.....

Anyway. They both suck and there are better versions of both out there in each of their stated purposes. Everyone knows radicalized right wingers are the danger that they are.

Last edited:

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
there it is! my problem with these articles is that they never actually define antisemitism, or antisemitic acts. I don't think I'd call criticism of Israel and its policies antisemitic. But I suspect the ADL does.

Still, in my mind, there's a difference between speech and actions (though permissiveness of speach that encourages and leads to violent action is... problematic).

I still think the graph in the NYT article speaks pretty plainly, despite its provenance.
I agree.
Criticizing the Jewish state's actions does not make you anti-Jewish, any more than criticizing how Washington acts makes you anti-american.

Antisemitism is already a hijacked word imo, as it seems to pertain only to Jews and not any other Semitic peoples, say for example Palestinians.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Was just having a laugh with a riding buddy over a manager at work who constantly complains of being persecuted because he is too smart, too attractive, too wholesome, and too athletic. He never said white but it was implied.

I probably never helped the situation by openly mocking him in front of his employees for being such a dork. I just see it as what god put me on this planet for.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I love this writer and I love this piece and it holds up 10 years on.

Watch this: The straight male part of that. Anyone want to discuss the implications on trans athletes in the news?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Antisemitism is already a hijacked word imo, as it seems to pertain only to Jews and not any other Semitic peoples, say for example Palestinians.
But you fail to realize Jews have been hated since the beginning of time like no other religion/race. As a Jew myself, you have no fucking clue what you're talking about! I don't recalling the Nazis executing 6 million Palestinians during WW2, do you?! Growing up in Oakland, CA the late 60's/70's at a predominantly black school I got in several fights for being white & Jewish. I got to say it kinda sucked, you usually don't fare well against multiple kids. I learned how to fight which was good. It carried on when we moved to a predominantly white school where I was teased in the late 70's for being Jewish. Thankfully that only lasted a year until I made my point to the 2 kids that wouldn't stop teasing. I was never bothered again by them or anyone else for being Jewish. Until you've walked it, I'd recommend keeping your mouth shut!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
You sound very strong.

And manly. In fact so strong and manly it doesn't account at all for the first part of that story getting picked on.

You're also someone who doesn't understand at all what mykel posted. Israelis/jews are not the only semites. He's correct. Try thinking about it without resorting to full white outrage tantrum mode if you can. What he was discussing was the narrowing of the word, not the fact that jews have been targeted as a boogey man throughout history. Everyone already knows that.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
You sound very strong.

And manly. In fact so strong and manly it doesn't account at all for the first part of that story getting picked on.

You're also someone who doesn't understand at all what mykel posted. Israelis/jews are not the only semites. He's correct. Try thinking about it without resorting to full white outrage tantrum mode if you can. What he was discussing was the narrowing of the word, not the fact that jews have been targeted as a boogey man throughout history. Everyone already knows that.
Really? "white outrage"? Has nothing to do with being "white", got to love the labeling. Then again I forgot that's all the progressive left is capable of.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Really? "white outrage"? Has nothing to do with being "white", got to love the labeling. Then again I forgot that's all the progressive left is capable of.
"progressive left" :rofl:

Yes white outrage: ranting and raving about something while completely missing the point. Having everything you could ever want in life, being completely financially secure from most economic fluctuations that destroy lives of actual poor people, and still whining about being a victim.