Quantcast

This weeks edition of "It's not about race".

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i like skittles & AZ ice t & am suspicious of creepy ass crackers.

coulda been me, holmes!

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Still wondering why the NRA isn't out proclaiming that if only Trayvon had been armed, he'd be alive today after exercising his 2nd Amendment rights...

Maybe because then they'd have to admit that two people who are both afraid for their lives and firing wildly at each other would be perfectly legal and justified under "stand your ground"?

Ahhh, the modern GOP/NRA...

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Still wondering why the NRA isn't out proclaiming that if only Trayvon had been armed, he'd be alive today after exercising his 2nd Amendment rights...

Maybe because then they'd have to admit that two people who are both afraid for their lives and firing wildly at each other would be perfectly legal and justified under "stand your ground"?

Ahhh, the modern GOP/NRA...

The only way to stop a stalking crazy cracker with a gun is to have a gun of your own, or something like that.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
because then it would be just like any other day in the hood.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
because they are taking the traditionalist view here... that the constitution only applies to white male landowners

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I think you can attribute that story to upbringing...reverse the races, make the black kid a child of an involved, educated monied family somewhere, and make the white kid trailer trash- under educated single Mom, no Dad etc. Could go either way...

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I think you can attribute that story to upbringing...reverse the races, make the black kid a child of an involved, educated monied family somewhere, and make the white kid trailer trash- under educated single Mom, no Dad etc. Could go either way...
Except educated involved minorities from each side of the aisle both agree there is plenty of profiling and have experienced it personally:

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257585&p=3914452&viewfull=1#post3914452

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
I didnt address profiling now, did I? We all know it happens...
damn right it does. if i have the choice of walking down one side of the street that has old ladies, or teen thugs, guess which i'll pick? and then if i have the choice b/t teen thugs of my color, or other color, guess which i'll pick?

why do any of us pretend we don't do it, or that it's "evil"?
why is it ok for a cop to profile a middle class white guy cruizing the hood, but other way around is "wrong"?