Quantcast

This weeks edition of "It's not about race".

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I think it was probably on this thread that someone posted a story about a pocket of land in the south, I'm thinking maybe Alabama, that freed slaves had remained in after emancipation instead of migrating north. but I can't find it anymore and I'd really like to read it again, is that ringing any bells for anyone?
Was it the Cretaceous shoreline? I read an article (that I can't find right now) about this. Here's an 'okay' article about it: https://www.npr.org/sections/krulwich/2012/10/02/162163801/obama-s-secret-weapon-in-the-south-small-dead-but-still-kickin

EDIT: I see you have already figured it out, that's what I get for not reading all the replies before replying. Bring on the nips, I am not afraid.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
"UT needs rich donors who love The Eyes of Texas more than they need one crop of irresponsible and uninformed students or faculty who won't do what they are paid to do,"

:rofl:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Anybody else watching the chauvin trial?

I watched the chicago 7 a few weeks ago so I already saw it.

But it's really just sad and plain watching how our justice legal system does its thing to continually fuck over people killed by cops. Especially black ones.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Anybody else watching the chauvin trial?

I watched the chicago 7 a few weeks ago so I already saw it.

But it's really just sad and plain watching how our justice legal system does its thing to continually fuck over people killed by cops. Especially black ones.
I am, and I've been surprised that many of the witnesses seemed to support the prosecution, even the LEO past and current.

the Chicago 7 movie was really good, I just saw it a month ago.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I am, and I've been surprised that many of the witnesses seemed to support the prosecution, even the LEO past and current.
The detective early this week had me laughing outloud, just throwing the defense's arguments back in their face over and over and over again.

And yet.......and yet....

You read anything about jury selection? The most convincing arguments ever from the prosecution won't do shit, by design. That's kind of a hand picked jury by the defense. Some people posted some of the disqualifying answers to the questions, it was pretty bad.

I can only think of one cop who's actually gone to jail for violence and killing. The woman (of course) in texas who shot the guy in his own apartment because she was so drunk she opened a door on the wrong floor thinking it was her place. They go to jail for fraud, for using cop bucks for personal purchases, but almost never for murder or violence while on the job. I will dance in the streets if this fucker gets prosecuted. And if he doesn't, the streets of Minneapolis.......hooboy

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I can only think of one cop who's actually gone to jail for violence and killing. The woman (of course) in texas who shot the guy in his own apartment because she was so drunk she opened a door on the wrong floor thinking it was her place. They go to jail for fraud, for using cop bucks for personal purchases, but almost never for murder or violence while on the job. I will dance in the streets if this fucker gets prosecuted. And if he doesn't, the streets of Minneapolis.......hooboy
My opinion is Chauvan murdered Floyd. You know I'm pro-good LEO, but that guy is guilty as fuck and needs to go to jail FOR that crime. If he walks the riots will be unmatched, and not only in MN.

What do you know about CA DWR? Do you work with them ever/much?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
My opinion is Chauvan murdered Floyd. You know I'm pro-good LEO, but that guy is guilty as fuck and needs to go to jail FOR that crime. If he walks the riots will be unmatched, and not only in MN.

What do you know about CA DWR? Do you work with them ever/much?
Chauvin. He's french obviously. Not sure why he hasn't surrendered yet.

We do work with DWR, a lot. What did they fuck up now?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Racist fucks. I have a RoadID tag on my watch and another card in my wallet because of my epilepsy. Watch specifically because it's visible to any idiot - different color than band (silver/white). Still something that sits in the back of my mind because my seizures are grand mal - after the violent seizure and I wake up, I'm in a state of awake unknown for upwards of 20min, then grey confusion for another 3hrs, relative normalcy after 5-6 hours (but still spacey for 1-2 days). I could have a seizure, unbeknownst to anybody around, then be wandering around like an idiot for a while, unable to talk properly with who know what result.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Racist fucks. I have a RoadID tag on my watch and another card in my wallet because of my epilepsy. Watch specifically because it's visible to any idiot - different color than band (silver/white). Still something that sits in the back of my mind because my seizures are grand mal - after the violent seizure and I wake up, I'm in a state of awake unknown for upwards of 20min, then grey confusion for another 3hrs, relative normalcy after 5-6 hours (but still spacey for 1-2 days). I could have a seizure, unbeknownst to anybody around, then be wandering around like an idiot for a while, unable to talk properly with who know what result.
Just don't do it with cornrows.

Or dark skin.

It's funny how "black man with braided hair" so automatically defaults to drug addict/criminal/homeless, even in the UK.

It needs an update. Like millionaire/homeowner/lawyer/musician/artist/author/professional running back/father/coach

Because I've seen way more the second list than the first I think.