Quantcast

This weeks edition of "It's not about race".

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
During the diversity moment in our weekly staff meeting, yes that is a thing, our team took a 'priviledge quiz' to identify how advantaged/disadvantaged you are based on academic/economic/race/sex/religion background. No surprise that everyone on the team had a positive score. The irony is that those on the team who corporate america would classify as disadvantaged scored significantly higher than your normal white boys like me. Actually I had the lowest score on the team. Which isn't to say I had a more difficult path in life but most likely weighting race the same as say having parents who read books isn't accurate. It does say that if you are black and want to be successful in corporate america you better come from a rich Christian well educated family.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
I just read the (reader) recommended comments in the Charles Blow NYT column about Virginia. It is clear that a massive part of the ‘left leaning’ US is still absolutely blind to structural racism and the ongoing impact it has on your society. ‘History doesn’t matter!’ ‘Bootstraps!’ OMFG. We can’t possibly be asked to accept a little bit of pain and self reflection. See you fuckers in Trump’s second presidency, sorry I meant fourth reich. Fuck.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I just read the (reader) recommended comments in the Charles Blow NYT column about Virginia. It is clear that a massive part of the ‘left leaning’ US is still absolutely blind to structural racism and the ongoing impact it has on your society. ‘History doesn’t matter!’ ‘Bootstraps!’ OMFG. We can’t possibly be asked to accept a little bit of pain and self reflection. See you fuckers in Trump’s second presidency, sorry I meant fourth reich. Fuck.
but-nevermind-meme.gif

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
meh

more like the people who know the candidate didn't vote for him in this case

regarding race, macauliffe really has a record that's no better

That guy's a douchebag who let minorities get freely attacked in Charlottesville with weeks and weeks of warning.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
but hey don't take it from me

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I'm not going to go so far out on a limb as to claim that race might not have been a part of this, and far be it from me to defend an/any airline, but at least here, training is regularly provided to our flight attendants to help spot and maybe help prevent human trafficking. It is unfortunately, a thing, and it actually happens. I'm of the opinion that in this case, better safe than sorry. IMHO, the Southwest attendants did the right thing.

Pardon the source, and does not contain a flight, but it is interstate human trafficking and a timely example of why flight attendants are supposed to be watching for this.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Several armed men, carrying ARs and wearing armor, are patrolling outside the courthouse where the Arbery trail is taking place.

Oh yea, they're armed black guys. :popcorn: You want a militia? You get a militia.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Let's remember that the only permanent federal level gun control that has happened in the last few decades was pretty much a response to black people holding guns in rap videos and pretty much only targeting those guns.

The funny this is that it just targeted foreign made weapons deemed to "not have a sporting use". Somehow all domestic weapons are for sport.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Let's remember that the only permanent federal level gun control that has happened in the last few decades was pretty much a response to black people holding guns in rap videos and pretty much only targeting those guns.

The funny this is that it just targeted foreign made weapons deemed to "not have a sporting use". Somehow all domestic weapons are for sport.
Did you catch how the NRA and gun manufacturers have invented the term "modern sporting rifle" in the last 10 years?

In 2009, the term "modern sporting rifle" was coined by the National Shooting Sports Foundation for its survey that year as a marketing term used by the firearms industry to describe modular semi-automatic rifles including AR-15s.[20][6][21][14] Today, nearly every major firearm manufacturer produces its own generic AR-15 style rifle.[22][21] As Colt continues to own and use the AR-15 trademark for its line of AR-15 variants, other manufacturers must use their own model numbers and names to market their AR-15 style rifles for commercial sale.[23]
For the sport of killing humans of course.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator