Quantcast

this world isn't made for women

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
"I don't mean to go off on a rant here..." ~ Dennis Miller

Until recently, sneakers sold for women were just smaller men's shoes. It's like that in many areas, like bikes, until recently.

But why would someone sell a product to someone that's clearly unsafe?

Today, I saw a woman on a motorcycle. Little lady and tiny hands. I was watching her and noticed that when she grabbed the clutch (left hand for non-motorcyclists), she had to essentially take her hand off the handle... rolling up onto it with the base of her palm on the grip.

I didn't get to see her brake hand, but if the setup's the same, she's totally screwed if she has to brake fast.

Why didn't the shop that sold her the bike take a minute to put spacers in the clutch and brake handles to push the levers closer to the grip and then adjust the cables?

Randomness brough to you by Opie.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
LordOpie said:
Why didn't the shop that sold her the bike take a minute to put spacers in the clutch and brake handles to push the levers closer to the grip and then adjust the cables?
Same reason tampons aren't made small enough to shove in your penis.

Inflammatory statement brought to you by H8R

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
Because most shops dont give a damn......they figure they already have their money....although I feel bad for her and hopefully one of her riding buddies helps her out!

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
shouldn't the title of this be "the shop that sold this lady a motorcycle kind of sucks"?

hell, it's probably her husband's bike, anyway. i'm surprised he let her out of the kitchen.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
LordOpie said:
"I don't mean to go off on a rant here..." ~ Dennis Miller

Until recently, sneakers sold for women were just smaller men's shoes. It's like that in many areas, like bikes, until recently.

But why would someone sell a product to someone that's clearly unsafe?

Today, I saw a woman on a motorcycle. Little lady and tiny hands. I was watching her and noticed that when she grabbed the clutch (left hand for non-motorcyclists), she had to essentially take her hand off the handle... rolling up onto it with the base of her palm on the grip.

I didn't get to see her brake hand, but if the setup's the same, she's totally screwed if she has to brake fast.

Randomness brough to you by Opie.
Did you point that fact out to her?