Quantcast

This

troy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 3, 2008
Ok, now I get it. So that moron did not remove his FOX cart, and installed a secondary damping/spring cart from CRC in the other leg. #MOARDAMPINGZ

LAP

Chimp
Mar 5, 2016
Ok, now I get it. So that moron did not remove his FOX cart, and installed a secondary damping/spring cart from CRC in the other leg. #MOARDAMPINGZ
Mountainbikers are fucking idiots.
I'm probably one of them because I still don't get how his claimed issue would be caused by a double-damper set up. In fact, he said he was happy with the cartridge until it leaked. The fact that he still has the stock damper clicker in the picture could be explained by the fact that while the crconception thing has the spring and the damper in the same leg, you still need to cap the other one. No idea if that's the case though. All of that said, he does sound like a whiney cucumber.

troy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 3, 2008
I'm probably one of them because I still don't get how his claimed issue would be caused by a double-damper set up. In fact, he said he was happy with the cartridge until it leaked. The fact that he still has the stock damper clicker in the picture could be explained by the fact that while the crconception thing has the spring and the damper in the same leg, you still need to cap the other one. No idea if that's the case though. All of that said, he does sound like a whiney cucumber.
Issue was caused probably by incorrect installation of the CRC cart. Which makes sense, as that dude obviously had no idea what he was doing.CRC cart is an open bath damper iirc, so my guess would be that something wasn't torqued right.

About that fox cap You mentioned. Do You really think that he would disassemble the whole freakin FOX cart to get to the damper top cap instead of using the air cap, that was already there? He probably saw the spring on the CRC cart, so he put the whole thing into the air spring leg... That is what happens when you have no idea what you are doing and dont bother reading the installation manual.

And who sends his used stuff back and demands 50% refund? WTF was that?

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Issue was caused probably by incorrect installation of the CRC cart. Which makes sense, as that dude obviously had no idea what he was doing.CRC cart is an open bath damper iirc, so my guess would be that something wasn't torqued right.
He said he had an earlier version that had significant differences to the current setup?

It was a little different system then, damper side had the spring & damper and the spring side was empty. So everything was CR Conception stuff.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Who knows. It's probably in the wrong leg of the fork.

But the following things happened to get to this point:

1. the guy saw 'open bath' and still bought it.

b. he doesn't know which side of the fork does what

IIV. he doesn't know he bought a dampENer so left his other dampENer in there, presumably for maximum dampENing

-. guaranteed he installed it incorrectly because he has two dampENers, so who the hell knows why his fork is leaking

> he didn't bother to go back and check the instructions to see if he screwed something up

Winning all around really.

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
I don't know how your 36s are but mine had holes with sizeable difference in size at the bottom of the lower legs. Just saying :brows: