Quantcast

@@@Thoisday Gee Em Tea@@@

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
On service with the chairman today. I'm going to drive in.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Howdy!

Just got my Christmas holiday schedule for 2017 and it looks like I'll get a week off without having to use any holiday time, again. :brows:

Saw an 18 wheeler trailer folded in half on the side of the freeway this morning....that was interesting.

I also might have had a few beers last night and ended up joining a biking trip to Arizona in October. Oops.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Over 5 feet of snow at our little locals hill since Sunday and it's still snowing. Thanks to Ullr and the @FSM

Working on work today then remounting some bindings this afternoon. Feel like I haven't ridden my bike in 10 years :(

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Ethical dilemma: I purchased something from LL Bean 5 years ago that has only been used maybe 4 times; they just sat in the corner for a while as I'm not super happy with their performance. They have a 100% satisfaction guarantee with no time statute. Is it wrong to return them after 5 years? Toshi need not answer, I have a feeling I know where you stand ;)

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkeys, minus 8 here so kimd of cold. Next week we are expected to be in the 30s. I'm up late due to not going to bed unto 10:30 last night. Felt good. Now off to the gym to throw myself against the wall for a,few hours... :)

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Mornin!

Ethical dilemma: I purchased something from LL Bean 5 years ago that has only been used maybe 4 times; they just sat in the corner for a while as I'm not super happy with their performance. They have a 100% satisfaction guarantee with no time statute. Is it wrong to return them after 5 years? Toshi need not answer, I have a feeling I know where you stand ;)
I stand for corporate profits except in the case of medical emergencies so have Toshi do it for you...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Howdy!

Just got my Christmas holiday schedule for 2017 and it looks like I'll get a week off without having to use any holiday time, again. :brows:

Saw an 18 wheeler trailer folded in half on the side of the freeway this morning....that was interesting.

I also might have had a few beers last night and ended up joining a biking trip to Arizona in October. Oops.
When and where in AZ? I have thought seriously about Sedona in October. I like desert riding. :)

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Mornin!

LL Bean resells most of the products that are returned at their outlets stores, so they do make some money back on this policy.

Dirtrider

noah
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
I think Flagstaff or Sedona area. Dates I am not sure about yet.

On the downside, this most likely means no Montana.
I rode Sedona and Flagstaff a couple years ago. You will not be disappointed. Two totally different types of riding so close to each other makes it a great trip. Mountain woodland riding in Flag and desert tech riding in Sedona. You win-win

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Anyone got any good suggestions for Flag or Sedona rides? Wife and I are considering a camping road trip this spring.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Mornin!

Nope. Nothing wrong with returning a sub-par product to them. If it was used 100 times and all clapped out... that would be another story.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
present.

i (ab)used this policy frequently as a college student living 10 minutes from their hq . . .

working on a ride in the hills tomorrow. hellz yeah.
Ha, we would raid the Goodwill stores to buy used LL Bean clothes and return them in bulk when I was in college. They supplied us with a lot of quality outdoor gear and Shed supplies. They have cracked down on this since the 90's

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Nope. Nothing wrong with returning a sub-par product to them. If it was used 100 times and all clapped out... that would be another story.
I agree with this, of course. My trusty REI fleece, worn more than any other of my clothing items, had its zipper pull pull off. By this I mean the little loop that the pull attaches to, not the easily replaceable pull itself.

REI's policy is 1 year for returns but negotiable for product failures but I feel this is very much within expected limits, so instead I will hire the local Korean seamstress to sew on a new zipper and call it a day.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
In other news, today's workload is good motivation to find another job.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
A) learn to post pictures

B) i realized after the fact i shouldn't have said house. we call it "camp". 3 season, running water, & power, but that's it.
I don't have access to Pinterest at work, so I was going on a home that I posted it correctly. Apparently not.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
fuuuuuuuuck. Just realized at lunch that I left my credit card at the tap n' go self-checkout lane at the grocery store last night. was in a hurry to go pick up my son at daycare and left my card on the reader. called the store, and they have the card, but I called the credit card company and it looks like there was an additional charge after mine... it wasn't a big charge ($14), but I'm not sure whose responsibility that is, given that I didn't approve it... I'm beginning to think this whole tap system is a little sketchy...

fuuuuuuuuck. Just realized at lunch that I left my credit card at the tap n' go self-checkout lane at the grocery store last night. was in a hurry to go pick up my son at daycare and left my card on the reader. called the store, and they have the card, but I called the credit card company and it looks like there was an additional charge after mine... it wasn't a big charge ($14), but I'm not sure whose responsibility that is, given that I didn't approve it... I'm beginning to think this whole tap system is a little sketchy...
Charge it now.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I also found out last night that my son's grade 1 teacher gave potato peels for Christmas to the kids who weren't well behaved. There more I think of it, the more I think that's got to be one of the biggest asshole moves I can think of. It's Christmas. These kids are 6. If you're gonna be a prick, then don't give presents to anyone. Don't single out 6-yer-olds for ridicule and shame. That's a memory that's going to last a life-time, and certainly doesn't teach them anything about empathy and forgiveness (this is a Catholic school).

My son got one of those whirly helicopter things, but his best friend's mom got to talkin' with my wife last night about how things were going with the teacher (both our boys were "problem child"s at the beginning of the year, but it seems my boy is on the "good" list now?!). Then she mentioned the potato peel thing, and when we asked my son last night, it turns out a bunch of kids got the peels. We're trying to use it as a "teachable" moment, about empathy and kindness... but talk about undermining the teacher's authority... but fuck him, he doesn't deserve to have authority over 6 year olds if he can only use shame and hurt to gain that authority.

anyways, sorry for the rant, but it's totally bugging me.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I also found out last night that my son's grade 1 teacher gave potato peels for Christmas to the kids who weren't well behaved. There more I think of it, the more I think that's got to be one of the biggest asshole moves I can think of. It's Christmas. These kids are 6. If you're gonna be a prick, then don't give presents to anyone. Don't single out 6-yer-olds for ridicule and shame. That's a memory that's going to last a life-time, and certainly doesn't teach them anything about empathy and forgiveness (this is a Catholic school).
I think I see your problem. :clue:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I think I see your problem. :clue:
maybe. but Jesus didn't multiply half the bread into potato peels for the bad wedding celebrants, and the other half into cake for the good celebrants; everyone got bread. From a catholic perspective, you'd think Christmas would be about celebrating the birth of love (and forgiveness, and kindness, and understanding) wouldn't you?!

but this school seems to have a few messed up teachers. Up till now, the problem was that it was the only french-language school in my 'hood (my first language is french, and I want my kids to be at least bilingual, if not trilingual). Registration has just opened for a new public french school in the area, so we're looking at putting our boys there.