Quantcast

@@@Thoisday Gee Em Tea@@@

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I also found out last night that my son's grade 1 teacher gave potato peels for Christmas to the kids who weren't well behaved. There more I think of it, the more I think that's got to be one of the biggest asshole moves I can think of. It's Christmas. These kids are 6. If you're gonna be a prick, then don't give presents to anyone. Don't single out 6-yer-olds for ridicule and shame. That's a memory that's going to last a life-time, and certainly doesn't teach them anything about empathy and forgiveness (this is a Catholic school).

My son got one of those whirly helicopter things, but his best friend's mom got to talkin' with my wife last night about how things were going with the teacher (both our boys were "problem child"s at the beginning of the year, but it seems my boy is on the "good" list now?!). Then she mentioned the potato peel thing, and when we asked my son last night, it turns out a bunch of kids got the peels. We're trying to use it as a "teachable" moment, about empathy and kindness... but talk about undermining the teacher's authority... but fuck him, he doesn't deserve to have authority over 6 year olds if he can only use shame and hurt to gain that authority.

anyways, sorry for the rant, but it's totally bugging me.
potato peels? worthless. at least give a whole potato so you can plant it.

if you wanna one-up him in the asshole department, make a stink that its a racial insult against the irish

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
maybe. but Jesus didn't multiply half the bread into potato peels for the bad wedding celebrants, and the other half into cake for the good celebrants; everyone got bread. From a catholic perspective, you'd think Christmas would be about celebrating the birth of love (and forgiveness, and kindness, and understanding) wouldn't you?
I fail to understand why you would expect Christian things from a Catholic school? :confused: :D

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I've decided what my next car will be. In 5 years. I've told Wifey we're going to start saving up for a Euro trip to go with picking up a new one. Set a reminder for 5 years to see where this has gotten.

http://www.volvocars.com/us/cars/new-models/v60-polestar
Have seen in person. 10/10 would bang.

Without much research or googling, do they actually sell that here?

Also potato peels? Lol wut.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I also found out last night that my son's grade 1 teacher gave potato peels for Christmas to the kids who weren't well behaved. There more I think of it, the more I think that's got to be one of the biggest asshole moves I can think of. It's Christmas. These kids are 6. If you're gonna be a prick, then don't give presents to anyone. Don't single out 6-yer-olds for ridicule and shame. That's a memory that's going to last a life-time, and certainly doesn't teach them anything about empathy and forgiveness (this is a Catholic school).

My son got one of those whirly helicopter things, but his best friend's mom got to talkin' with my wife last night about how things were going with the teacher (both our boys were "problem child"s at the beginning of the year, but it seems my boy is on the "good" list now?!). Then she mentioned the potato peel thing, and when we asked my son last night, it turns out a bunch of kids got the peels. We're trying to use it as a "teachable" moment, about empathy and kindness... but talk about undermining the teacher's authority... but fuck him, he doesn't deserve to have authority over 6 year olds if he can only use shame and hurt to gain that authority.

anyways, sorry for the rant, but it's totally bugging me.
Thats pretty mild compared to the bare ass whippings nunns used to give in the 70s.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Workout complete, same routine as Tuesday, almost went 60 minutes on the rower but decided to try for additional pool laps instead. Didnt happen. Its now scotch o'clock and Judge Judy power hour.,

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Have seen in person. 10/10 would bang.

Without much research or googling, do they actually sell that here?

Also potato peels? Lol wut.
In 'Murica. You have to special order it though; they do not exist on lots. There are actually no V60 Pole Star's available for sale used or on lot in the US (from my searching).

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I agree with this, of course. My trusty REI fleece, worn more than any other of my clothing items, had its zipper pull pull off. By this I mean the little loop that the pull attaches to, not the easily replaceable pull itself.

REI's policy is 1 year for returns but negotiable for product failures but I feel this is very much within expected limits, so instead I will hire the local Korean seamstress to sew on a new zipper and call it a day.
I had a pair of riding shoes that delaminated, took them back to REI and asked if there was anything they could do, but didn't expect it. They refunded a big chunk of the purchase to which I applied my dividends and 20% coupon for another pair of shoes. They actually gave me back $3 and some change.

A few weeks after that I got an email or letter (can't remember) from REI scolding me for abusing their return policy.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I had a pair of riding shoes that delaminated, took them back to REI and asked if there was anything they could do, but didn't expect it. They refunded a big chunk of the purchase to which I applied my dividends and 20% coupon for another pair of shoes. They actually gave me back $3 and some change.

A few weeks after that I got an email or letter (can't remember) from REI scolding me for abusing their return policy.
I had a pair of climbing shoes delam after about 3 weeks of climbing. They took them back but I got hell from the store manager.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001

Amazingly neither Costco, Amazon, nor REI have blacklisted me or even sent out a light reprimand.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Even Snow King was a 19" pow day yesterday. twenty people in line for a 10:00 AM start, whereas at the village it was hour waits (and they opened way late).
It was the place to be...

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Just booked a ticket for tomorrow to go to Copenhagen. Two important job interviews next week. Then flying home with a SIDE-TRIP in Stockholm to visit my brother. Should be a good trip and we shall see if I can finally wrap up a job.

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
In 'Murica. You have to special order it though; they do not exist on lots. There are actually no V60 Pole Star's available for sale used or on lot in the US (from my searching).
There was one around when we got our v60xc, but most I see are sedans. Not sure you'd fit comfortably, it's a small car. I'm 6'4 and it's tight. The car is getting a new platform in '18, hopefully with better packaging.

To be perfectly honest, I don't think the car is worth $60k as it sits today. They're going to ramp up production and dilute the rarity a la ///M in coming years so I expect value will increase.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
oh, i like my ipas...but stouts are the best. combine them with my other favorite beverage (coffee) and I'm in heave. this one in particular is not sweet (as the "capp" might suggest) and masks the fact that it is 9+% very, very well. plus it's four fiddy per bomber, but it only appearsin january/february.