Quantcast

!!! Thoisday !!!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Well that was 11 years ago and I am still alive, so no tumor.

Was having really bad bouts of vertigo, turns out it was just Meniere's disease.

Fun fact: there were moments when I couldn't even stand up without falling over but could ride my bike just fine. In fact during the 24 hours of Seven Springs one year I put in my fastest night lap in right after falling over several times walking through the start/finish area. I did get all wonky off a jump, world started spinning once I left the ground. Turns you you really don't use your sense of balance all that much while riding, feel and visual feedback.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
oh lovely. weather forecast just came out: 20-25 mph winds with gusts to 45mph and relative humidity in the teens for the next 48 hours. Perfect Red Flag conditions.

In the last week we have had 6 wildland fires here in the valley. One got as close as a mile to my house :banghead:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Temps in the 70s, one trail system is all dried out, hero dirt, even a bit dusty. Forgot my fanny hip pack, but dusted one of my XC racing buddies on my enduro bike. TTX coil is showing some real nice promise with a heavier spring.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
You too would have warm temps if the sun was up for 20 hours every day.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
A crew is coming to check rolltop doors and openers. Returning a pack to Osprey to get corroded zippers replaced.
That's pretty good, if you tell Salomon that you have a pack with corroded zips they won't do anything but tell you that it hasn't really happened to anyone else............ except everyone I know that has a Salomon pack.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Oh yeah....the loss chart from last statement was big but I am choosing not to panic. I have time and what goes down should eventually go back up!
It's not worth worrying. Iirc, we're about the same age, so your timeline is about the same. We're down a fuck ton as well and it's just a *meh. It's allowing for all of our new money going in to buy stuff at lower prices.

Dollar cost averaging is a pretty simple concept. If you're buying $100 worth of stock every week and it's $10/share, you buy 10 shares. If the price goes down 20% to $8, you've now bot 12.5 shares. What happens if it goes down 40% to $6/share? Well now you've bought 16.67 shares. And if it goes back up to 10? You now have 49.17 shares with an avg px of $8.14/share. It works with the up market too, allowing for lower average purchase px long-term.