Quantcast

!!! Thoisday !!!

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
The rock light thing has gotten out of hand. What used to be a few lights underneath the rigs for seeing obstacles when crawling at night has turned into a shit fest of stupidity.

In order to do rock lights properly you recess them so they dont cast shadows and you can see infront of your tires and see you lowest points that may scrape or hang up. Instead kids are running LED strips around the body and through the wheels wells where it does no good.
Okay, didn’t know the lights actually had a function. The ones around here all have massive knobby tires and not a speck of dirt to be found anywhere on the Jeep. Must be a lot of rock crawling opportunities on one’s way from the subdivision to the grocery store.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I just got back from having an MRI. I have to say that was an amazing sound experience. I’d get another one just to hear that again. Wild variety of alien and retro sounds. Surround spatial placement. I couldn’t stop smiling and laughing, and trying to figure out how to recreate what I was hearing.
10/10

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Back in the office, sounds like somebody was Covid positive while I was out, so I'm basically the only one here. Win?

Should be fun given the current environment and how often I get people pushing back when I say at 10yrs they need to be starting the down-risk process. I
Who's pushing back against that? That's the most obvious investing advice there is besides "buy low, sell high"

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I just got back from having an MRI. I have to say that was an amazing sound experience. I’d get another one just to hear that again. Wild variety of alien and retro sounds. Surround spatial placement. I couldn’t stop smiling and laughing, and trying to figure out how to recreate what I was hearing.
10/10
sometimes its the little things

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Who's pushing back against that? That's the most obvious investing advice there is besides "buy low, sell high"
Guessing people who are heavy in stocks, have seen their portfolio drop 20% this year, and can't stomach the idea of de-risking and re-allocating to a mix that may not make that 20% back.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
10/10

I remember sitting in one and thinking they were simply single frequency excitations, so none of the harmonics that a stringed instrument could easily create.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
10/10
If you enjoyed being in the tube the you are definitely in need of an MRI. Wholly fucking shit it’s like being trapped in a bad industrial track. Pure torture for me.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Oh, and the basement is getting a new pad and carpet today, including the bedroom, under stairs storage room, and the stairs to the first floor. A bunch of crap is stuffed in the utility room and bathroom now to get it off the floor. (This is from the water damage from a drain backup now a few months ago.)
Carpet dudes left the front door open while I was upstairs after putting kid 3 down for nap. Door looks like it was open about 7 minutes from the camera movement snapshots.

2 of 3 cats accounted for. The third is hopefully just having a nap somewhere inside that I haven't found him at yet vs hunting birdies outside.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Carpet dudes left the front door open while I was upstairs after putting kid 3 down for nap. Door looks like it was open about 7 minutes from the camera movement snapshots.

2 of 3 cats accounted for. The third is hopefully just having a nap somewhere inside that I haven't found him at yet vs hunting birdies outside.
SHOW ME THE KITTY

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Here. Teaching a class on preparing for retirement from 30-, 20-, 10-, and <5 years out later today. Should be fun given the current environment and how often I get people pushing back when I say at 10yrs they need to be starting the down-risk process. I see a lot of those people signed up already...

Slept like shit. Haley's indecisiveness and absolute refusal to participate in an activity that isn't easy or that she can't win is stressing me out. It's a habit that if set early will properly fuck you over later, and she refuses to do anything. That's reading books on different topics, group sports, making new friends, everything. I'm at an impasse.

Quick 2x4 structure with wire mesh over the top, then cover with tarps. It will still be cold, but prevent snow from covering garden. You can also go the 5-gallon bucket cover by plant method.
So what you're saying is should be rethinking my high risk investments now (hoping to retire in the future....probably not for 12ish years).

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So what you're saying is should be rethinking my high risk investments now (hoping to retire in the future....probably not for 12ish years).
You're probably fine, for the most part. Just don't panic. You're likely down nearly 20% already. You're on this train, no matter where it goes.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Back in the office, sounds like somebody was Covid positive while I was out, so I'm basically the only one here. Win?

Stupid people. And people who think that you should only make changes "when it's time". Like, I'm retiring in a month; it's time now. People who want to squeeze the beet dry but not factor any risks associated with it.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I got suckered into chaperoning a group of 70 sophomores (Syd's class) on their trip to Boston tomorrow. Yeah me!
You should be Sainted.

My kid goes to DC/New York first week of June. Not enough money in the world to convince me to chaperone a bunch of 14-15 year olds 3/4 of the way across the country.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Haley's indecisiveness and absolute refusal to participate in an activity that isn't easy or that she can't win is stressing me out. It's a habit that if set early will properly fuck you over later, and she refuses to do anything. That's reading books on different topics, group sports, making new friends, everything. I'm at an impasse.
My oldest went through a strong phase like that at 14. It still persists to some extent, but with time it just seemed to fade away.