Quantcast

** Thoisday **

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Watching a video about Bam Margera dying one inch at a time while trying to make everyone around him hate him. Steve O is a bro.

I once saw him in LAX. He was standing there trying to make eye contact with everyone who walked by, I assumed he was desperate to be recognized by adoring fans. There were none.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
He's got that black cloud over him now. Sometimes they shake the black cloud but they usually die.
After CKY he pretty much went over the edge, since every single stint of rehab he has ever done was court ordered and part of his probation I dont see him taking things too seriously, Apparently he pretty much gets himself into a sticky situation everywhere he goes
I need one of those!!

Clarification: the mulched, but the jeep jumping into the pool would be neat too…
Just about rolled the excavator a couple times trying to clear the frontside, that D1 will stick to the hill like glue.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Try sticking a chopstick in it prior to boiling so it doesn't get superheated.
I only need to boil about half a cup which is way too much to ask of an appliance I bought used from the rescue mission for $12 seventeen years ago.

Not going to waste a perfectly good chopstick on it, might need them for delicious Thai food later.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I only need to boil about half a cup which is way too much to ask of an appliance I bought used from the rescue mission for $12 seventeen years ago.

Not going to waste a perfectly good chopstick on it, might need them for delicious Thai food later.
It doesn't do anything to the chopstick. It'll still be fully functional.

Great - now I'm hungry for delicious Thai food...

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
After CKY he pretty much went over the edge, since every single stint of rehab he has ever done was court ordered and part of his probation I dont see him taking things too seriously, Apparently he pretty much gets himself into a sticky situation everywhere he goes
He comes off super cool in that video where he screams at his exwife in front of their kid in public for ten minutes.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
We got the press release draft. It's pretty cool. Once it gets released, I'll post the link.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Had a group of folks from Zimmer Biomet come and help with some spring clean up on our trails. Since we’re pretty much a privately ran park with in city limits, it’s nice to have help for dumb shit like trash pick up.

Last edited:

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Just saw an article this week about a guy that got sued in federal court for taking stolen company info to his a new job with a competitor.
That type of situation is pretty complex, but a good employment / labor lawyer should be able to help him out and maybe even counter sue - assuming a few things…

I have been very close to that situation. Being a subject matter expert means that I get my livelihood from my knowledge of the subject matter. Denying me my ability to use my skills to provide for me and my family is illegal in most states, which is why non-compete clauses in contracts are an absolute joke.

Obviously, if someone is copying drawings or code or stealing prototype parts or tooling, that’s not protected behaviour. It’s just being a criminal.

Using your know-how to help a competitor of your former employer develop a product? Fair fucking game…

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
That type of situation is pretty complex, but a good employment / labor lawyer should be able to help him out and maybe even counter sue - assuming a few things…

I have been very close to that situation. Being a subject matter expert means that I get my livelihood from my knowledge of the subject matter. Denying me my ability to use my skills to provide for me and my family is illegal in most states, which is why non-compete clauses in contracts are an absolute joke.

Obviously, if someone is copying drawings or code or stealing prototype parts or tooling, that’s not protected behaviour. It’s just being a criminal.

Using your know-how to help a competitor of your former employer develop a product? Fair fucking game…
the individual subject to the lawsuit is alleged to have downloaded several thousand documents to a portable hard drive in last few weeks of his employment. assuming that's true, not sure any amount of lawyering is gonna get him out of this.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Just saw an article this week about a guy that got sued in federal court for taking stolen company info to his a new job with a competitor.
A former coworker of mine got caught downloading a bunch of sensitive information on his last day of work before going to a competitor. He was arrested and convicted of industrial espionage and was given a large fine, 10 years of parole and banned from working in the same industry during his parole, pretty much limiting him to working at McDonalds.

A few years ago another coworker got caught downloading a bunch of info he had no business having a week before he was leaving the company and was fired on the spot. He was lucky that the company did not seek criminal charges.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Two nights with muscle relaxers and my head/neck are almost feeling normal. Thank goodness. Now I can go back to pretending I am an indestructible 20 year old.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Yeah, that is just theft. However, if you personally have the knowledge and skills to develop / transfer a technology, it’s game on. Company loyalty is a bullshit game that we pretend at…

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Some people play that game... some don't.

I don't pretend to have paycheck loyalty. As long as my name is in the to field, I don't care what name is in the From field. But I am certainly not going to do anything illegal/immoral. My sense of smug superior moral and intellectual superiority is also valuable to me.