Quantcast

Thompson Direct Mount Stem

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.

Thomson Direct Mount Stem unveiled!

---

The mythical Thomson direct mount stem has made an appearance at Interbike. Final weight is not yet available, but it looks fantastic!

There isn't many of them floating around yet (14 last I heard) but it should be available by next season.

Attachments

Last edited:

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
The mythical Thompson direct mount stem has made an appearance at Interbike. Final weight is not yet available, but it looks fantastic!

There aren't many of them floating around yet (14 last I heard) but it should be available by next season.

you're welcome

rewster

Monkey
Feb 3, 2007
charlotte nc
The mythical Thomson direct mount stem has made an appearance at Interbike. Final weight is not yet available, but it looks fantastic!

There aren't many of them floating around yet (14 last I heard) but they should be available by next season.

double fixed. when did thompson get into the bike biz?

Last edited:

JewBagel

Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
oregon
I have been waiting for their direct mount stem for a long time...and wow, that's the worst looking thing they've ever made. Quite a disappointment.

Runner

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
CT
Mod edit: Don't quote the spammers. Just makes it harder for us to delete.

I think a spambot just agreed with me.
Well done, me :rolleyes:

May 27, 2009
OK, yeah im sorry, I love my seatpost, but that stem is REALLY ugly.
And is has added material just to cover the crown mounting bolts? who cares? extra weight and it doesn't even look good. quite disappointing.

bansheefr

Monkey
Dec 27, 2004
Saw this stem at the Rhode Island Interbike and it's definitely different...
-Super low bar height, below the top of crown.
-Thomson's reputation of quality.
-Clean looking.

Dislikes:

-Mounting bolts are covered, so you have to mess up the angle of your bars every time you remove your stem. Not even sure why you would work on your bike this way, but I always seem to have my bars dangling with the stem still attached.
-Everyone wanted a low bar height, but this may be tooooo low.