Quantcast

Thomson dropper post

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I have had the same Specialized Command Post on my bike for over 3 years now and I have done ZILCH to it except change the cable about once a year.
Plus Thomson doesn't actually make the cartridge inside their dropper post. The cartridge is the part you should be most concerned about.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
So, what's your point? Specialized doesn't make a single component of the Command Post.
When you buy other Thomson products, you are actually getting products made by Thomson. What's the point of these new Thomson products if the key parts aren't designed and/or made by them.

Last edited:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
When you buy other Thomson products, you are actually getting products made by Thomson. What's the point of these new Thomson products if the key parts aren't designed and/or made by them.
The structural part of the post seems pretty important :) Thomson also has high standards for quality which is pretty evident in this post. That definitely counts in my book.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
The structural part of the post seems pretty important :) Thomson also has high standards for quality which is pretty evident in this post. That definitely counts in my book.
Yep, Plus, it looks like Thomson focused on what they do best, and went elsewhere on what they had little experience with producing. Then, I know for a fact that they tested the hell out of them for a long while before putting them on market. All quality things any good company should do.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Having an OEM meet high ISO standards isn't a new development in manufacturing and OEMs like KS are doing well with their in-house branding. Established brands should pass on savings when they outsource these key technologies and processes. How many fork brands now use Asian OEMs like Suntour etc and yet prices have gone WAY up since they've outsourced...

Last edited:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I hear you. Stuff is too expensive for sure. Pricing in mtb in general too high yet people continue to pay &#8211; we'll see how far it will go. How about those $310 e13 flat pedals, or $1000 for a rim.

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
the USD has lost 5% to the yuan this year alone. every item that didn't go up 5% just compared to last year has been subsidized by the brand to hold price.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I hear you. Stuff is too expensive for sure. Pricing in mtb in general too high yet people continue to pay &#8211; we'll see how far it will go. How about those $310 e13 flat pedals, or $1000 for a rim.
Not everyone. Specialized is selling their carbon wheelset that Light Bicycle makes for them for a MSRP of $1200. Comes with rear DT swiss internals and adapters for all the most popular standards plus a factory installed tubeless rim strip. One of the few times the industry is being honest...

Last edited: