Quantcast

Thomson Elite X4 Stem for DH

Tayrob

Monkey
Jan 3, 2008
Ran one for most of last season on my DH bike and ran one on my DJ/4x bike for close to a year.Not a single problem between the 2 of them.

climbingbubba

Monkey
May 24, 2007
The laserdisc rims seem pretty solid. i ran the wtb laserdisc FR for 2 seasons. I beat the crap out of them and they didn't dent or crack anywhere. i only trued them 3 times over the 2 years too. The only reason i retired them is because i wanted a lighter wheelset.

id say go for what you can find cheapest or that are the lightest. when you get into dh rims there isn't too much you have to worry about.

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
I ran one for 3 seasons on my DH before I finally got a direct mount stem, bulletproof. The coating that they use seems a bit more tough than other companies powder coating I've taken many hits with it and it barely has a scratch.

The laserdisc rims seem pretty solid. i ran the wtb laserdisc FR for 2 seasons. I beat the crap out of them and they didn't dent or crack anywhere. i only trued them 3 times over the 2 years too. The only reason i retired them is because i wanted a lighter wheelset.

id say go for what you can find cheapest or that are the lightest. when you get into dh rims there isn't too much you have to worry about.
WTF are you on about?! Reading comprehension fail. This thread is about STEMS.

paintmc

Chimp
Sep 23, 2009
I have one on my Banshee Scream and it has been great since 2007.

I am 255lbs geared up so you should be fine.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
i would say it is the best non direct mount dh stem on the market, i have run the same one on my dh bikes since they came out 3 or 4 years ago, never a problem. go for it, bolt it on and forget about it, just grease those threads.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now

i heard the Dorado is a great fork too. it is also pretty light

oh wait, this is a thread about stems...woops

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
i heard the Dorado is a great fork too. it is also pretty light

oh wait, this is a thread about stems...woops
Oh yeah, this is the first drift thread on the RM.

And thomson stems rock, got them on all my bikes for years, never worried about them.