Quantcast

Thor's Day

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
So as I was getting ready to bring my oldest to ski practice last night, my youngest decided to take a big swig from the thermos I had just poured boiling water into for tea. Screaming and vomiting ensued.

Off to the ER we went thinking there was nothing they could do. But he was gurgling a bit and his voice sounded weird. He was seen almost right away after seeing the triage nurse and admitted for the night with a intubation kit at the ready in case his neck swole shut.

ENT took a look and found there wasn't any damage to his airways, but the GI will have a look at how bad is esophagus is burnt. That requires an endoscope and full anaesthetic. So it'll be a second night at the hospital.

He's on morphine for the pain. (Though Netflix seems to be doing a pretty decent job at the moment)

He's a tough little bastard though, thank god for that.
Little bastid indeed! :) Glad to see you got quick access at the ER.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
So as I was getting ready to bring my oldest to ski practice last night, my youngest decided to take a big swig from the thermos I had just poured boiling water into for tea. Screaming and vomiting ensued.

Off to the ER we went thinking there was nothing they could do. But he was gurgling a bit and his voice sounded weird. He was seen almost right away after seeing the triage nurse and admitted for the night with a intubation kit at the ready in case his neck swole shut.

ENT took a look and found there wasn't any damage to his airways, but the GI will have a look at how bad is esophagus is burnt. That requires an endoscope and full anaesthetic. So it'll be a second night at the hospital.

He's on morphine for the pain. (Though Netflix seems to be doing a pretty decent job at the moment)

He's a tough little bastard though, thank god for that.
www.reddit.com/r/KidsAreFuckingStupid/

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Holy hell. So an internal recruiter from a shop downtown hit me up on LinkedIn saying she wanted to call me about an opening they had. So I gave her my number and she replied it would be a coworker calling instead. Ok, cool. So she calls, doesn't ask about my background, doesn't know much about the role, or the team, or the technology. But feel free to apply on their site.

So why did she call? Most awkward 5 minutes evar.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Learned last night that I made it off the alternate list to the actual ITI 350 race. Now I’m committed.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Holy hell. So an internal recruiter from a shop downtown hit me up on LinkedIn saying she wanted to call me about an opening they had. So I gave her my number and she replied it would be a coworker calling instead. Ok, cool. So she calls, doesn't ask about my background, doesn't know much about the role, or the team, or the technology. But feel free to apply on their site.

I get really confrontational if someone gets me on the phone for a bullshit reason. Bitch, somebody better be dead.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Well, given your experience that I'd imagine is on your LinkedIn page, she probably figured you were a Boomer, and txt'ing the information might be met with indignation. :D

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
She likely has to make 20-30 calls a day. You helped her get closer to that number.
When you start the call with "I heard you were looking for more information about our current Engineer 2 position." Followed by not having any said information was just odd. She did give me a rundown on the company. It's an online only bank with a website and an app. No overdraft fees evar.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
seeing kamasi washington in asheville saturday instead of charlotte friday...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
dang. multiple tornados in the area. strong winds and heavy rains = trees down, flooding, and roads closed due to this and terrible driving E'RRYWHERE.

river at wilson creek went from a volume of 500 cf/s to more than 6,000 cf/s over the course of the morning.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Told boss I'm going skiing tomorrow. His response? "Cool. Have fun; update Workday." I like my new boss. Going up 2 days this weekend for powder days - oh yeah!

I had my comp conversation. Big raise for my group (nationally) and a fatty mcfat-stick bonus - 115% of my targeted amount. Paying off car number #1 and a chunk of car #2 next week once I get it.

Today was a good day.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Told boss I'm going skiing tomorrow. His response? "Cool. Have fun; update Workday." I like my new boss. Going up 2 days this weekend for powder days - oh yeah!

I had my comp conversation. Big raise for my group (nationally) and a fatty mcfat-stick bonus - 115% of my targeted amount. Paying off car number #1 and a chunk of car #2 next week once I get it.

Today was a good day.
@Pesqueeb just told me how long it takes you to drive to go skiing.

1581025342298.png

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

Today was a good day.
gonna pay off that ///deck?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
With no traffic it's under 1.5 hours from my house to Winter Park or Copper.

With traffic it's 2.0-2.5 usually.

Subtract 20-30 min for those living on the west side of town.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
They just fired my good friend in an extremely disgusting way to avoid paying him a decent severance package. I am seriously considering shitting in their cake - company celebrates birthday on my last day. :think:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Isn't that tunnel like really short? Holy fuck. Reason 42 why I have taken up backcunty skiing. Well, actually it's reason one: Fuck you ski resort.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Isn't that tunnel like really short? Holy fuck. Reason 42 why I have taken up backcunty skiing. Well, actually it's reason one: Fuck you ski resort.

Know what's worse than the resorts? The people at the resorts.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I ventured out to see a movie. Dolittle was merely ok (animals acted better than the people, and the former were all CGI, go figure). On the upside I got to drive through a moonscape of snow, and I had the whole theater to myself due to that + seeing a 9 PM showing of a kids movie.

:D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I ventured out to see a movie. Dolittle was merely ok (animals acted better than the people, and the former were all CGI, go figure). On the upside I got to drive through a moonscape of snow, and I had the whole theater to myself due to that + seeing a 9 PM showing of a kids movie.

:D
so you're that guy huh?