Quantcast

Those Rotten Sons of Bitches !!

splat

Nam I am
Today was out and about with the wife and Kids when I get a call that one of my Servers is down ! Dam , I have to go into the office to get it back up andrunning. I get there and it is not a Major problem so I start the procedure for bringing it back up, while it is recovering I go to my office to send some email about the incident , and My laptop is not on my desk. I didn't think I brought it home, since I rode my Bike and I hate carrying it . SO I just figured one of my Co-workers was busting my chops, then I got to thinking I was the last one to leave yesterday, and My office door was locked. then I notice , chunk of wood right next to the door lock is missing ! and I relize my door had been jimmied.
I go arounbd the Office and Discover a few other offices doorrs had been forcably opened too. altold we had 6 high end laptops stolen. there were quitea few low end laptops that wereout in the open unlocked , and were untouched. I even had a 2nd on in my office a low end one and it was untouched. who ever did it knew which machines to take. so Now I have to start making all sorts of calls , including the police , so this forces me to stay another 2 hours at the office when i really wanted to leave. Bastards ! :mumble:
aboutthe only thing I really lost , that was important to me was a about 25 Pictures from Dalton.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Hmmm. Whoever did it knew what they were after like you said. So I would say def. has to be an employee. But the cleaners might be wise enough. And they have all the time in the world.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Doh! My comment was based on recent arrests made against two UConn bball players for stealing laptops from their female bball counterparts. So stupid!

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
That sucks. Sad, but it happens a lot in the DC area. The cops that came to our office told us that people often blame the cleaning crew, but of all the cases they've solved, it was a current employee who did the stealing.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
as I've said in other posts about thieves: They should be castrated and then forced to eat whatever's been cut off... I hope it all turns up soon. SOrry you had to miss a day with the fam.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
omg that would piss me off sooo much.. i once had someone take my city issued nextel off of my desk.. and i was furious.. i couldnt even imagine someone taking all of my stuff from my office... bastards

splat

Nam I am
Well , an Update !!! well they didn't get my laptop back , butthe company did buy me a new one :)

but going through the Videos , he did break in from the out side using a screw driver. But before he did he pressed his face against the glass to look in. whne he did , they got a good picture of him , and he smudged the glass. well they took the picture and showed it around the police station and one ofthe officers recognized him. they got a warrant, went and searched his place. found the very ugly shirt he was wearing ( he should have been shot just for weating that shirt ) and a pair of shoes that Matched perfectly foot prints from another break in. and from the smudge on the glass they were able to match his DNA. They found his tools that he used with paint smudges on them , so the dectectives ( a very nice looking state cop ! ) we taking samples of the paint and wood from my door. to match them to the tools he used. they were telling us they have a good solid case on him for at least 4 break in's and 6 others that are very similar. and to add to it he was out on parole. the one officer was saying he will either sing like a canary or he will go away for ever.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Haha. That is sooo awesome. See you think watching these CSI and Law and Order shows that it would show criminals how much power/technology that the police have and how easy they can bust you. Even with a smudge on the window. Wicked sweet!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
We have had a couple of theives break into work. Instead of snatching computers they decided to hang around as the executive staff.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
interesting fact i read in today's NYT...almost ten percent of the prison population is in for a life sentence...that's about 130K people...