Quantcast

Those were Super Bowl commercials???

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Am I the only one that actually enjoyed watching the game more than the commercials? I was very let down by Bud's versions, Coke's were good, Motley Crue singing was ok, but really? That's the best the marketing departments could do?

And yes, I am happy the Giants won, though I was still hoping the Cardinals would squeek it out in the end (of the season, that is)......

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
I thought the Doritos ones were pretty good. But this year was definitely a big let down with the commercials.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Honda's remake of ferris bueller's day off was horrific. Acura's NSX concept was 1000x better. it seems like Leno has a knack for pissing off other comedians :rolleyes:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
The game and the commercials both sucked. And I'm not saying that as a bitter New Englander (I'm not big football fan).....that was just a boring and terrible game.

Then again I was doing my taxes for the first 1 1/2 quarters so wasn't really paying much attention.:p

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
The game and the commercials both sucked. And I'm not saying that as a bitter New Englander (I'm not big football fan).....that was just a boring and terrible game.

Huh??? That game was very entertaining, it was a 1 point game at the 1/2 and wasn't decided until the last minute of the game....

As for the commercials...
The first Dorito commercial with the dog was good stuff
The M&M made me LOL
The VW commercial seemed kind of lame until they switched to the Star Wars scene, that just made it hilarious.
If you didnt like the Fiat Abarth commercial you are clearly Ghey. (not that there is anything wrong with that, just saying)

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Ok, anyone thinking that wasn't an awesome game watching watching it... As for the commercials I'd say the Bud Hockey commercial was best, but that was only shown in Canada. I personally liked the Clint Eastwood ad:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Yeah, I don't see where the game "sucked" or was "meh."

Super close game the whole way. I guess I could see where non-football-fans might find it boring to watch a game that wasn't a series of spectacular 40+ yard catches or giant kick returns or whatever, but plays like that usually aren't good football. Games that are a bunch of long receptions or big special teams plays means that one of the teams is blowing coverage or not playing their positions, and those teams are usually not making it to the Super Bowl.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Yeah, I don't see where the game "sucked" or was "meh."

Super close game the whole way. I guess I could see where non-football-fans might find it boring to watch a game that wasn't a series of spectacular 40+ yard catches or giant kick returns or whatever, but plays like that usually aren't good football. Games that are a bunch of long receptions or big special teams plays means that one of the teams is blowing coverage or not playing their positions, and those teams are usually not making it to the Super Bowl.
It was "meh" when you're used to Gronkowski and Welker making unbelievable receptions nearly every game.......and failed miserably in that regard last night (granted Gronkowski's ankle was bad). Welker's dropped pass mid-field on the final drive didn't help their case.

Basically the Patriots weren't typical Patriots. So when I say the game was "meh", it was more in reference to the Pats not playing like they usually do.

Last edited:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
There I fixed it
Like I said...I could care less. I was doing my taxes the first 1 1/2 quarters. I genuinely DGAF. It just wasn't an exciting game to watch....hell even if the Pats managed to win, it still would have been a boring game to watch.

Last edited:

kidwithbike

Monkey
Apr 16, 2007
Hoboken, NJ
^agreed.

The Audi/Vampire party thing sucked big time,
"the killing moon" by Echo and the Bunnymen was perfect in Donnie Darko, it should not be ripped off elsewhere.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Ok, anyone thinking that wasn't an awesome game watching watching it... As for the commercials I'd say the Bud Hockey commercial was best, but that was only shown in Canada. I personally liked the Clint Eastwood ad:

Though this was one of the better commercials, and I do like Eastwood movies, did anyone else decipher a "vote for another round of Obama" in it????

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Huh??? That game was very entertaining, it was a 1 point game at the 1/2 and wasn't decided until the last minute of the game....

As for the commercials...
The first Dorito commercial with the dog was good stuff
The M&M made me LOL
The VW commercial seemed kind of lame until they switched to the Star Wars scene, that just made it hilarious.
If you didnt like the Fiat Abarth commercial you are clearly Ghey. (not that there is anything wrong with that, just saying)
The guy that hosted made epic meats: BBQ, polska, wings...that helps!

He also apparently is a fan of thighs b/c he used his TIVO to slo mo every hot chic commercial...even the 3 chics in the stands at the Motley Crue race. Because of his sorta creepy habit, I will say that the commercial near the first for Valentine's Day s now my favorite. In real time, it was meh. In slo mo...:drool:

A-NON-A

Chimp
May 4, 2010
Inland Empire, Ca
I had no intention of enjoying this years Superbowl and was clearly looking forward to the commercials.

SURPRISe! The game was good and the commercials were pretty weak overall.

I did like a few:

Met Life Cartoon Reunion
CHEVROLET APOCALYPSE ad
Clint EastWood Dodge Commercial
M&M commercial
and I hate to say I liked a Fiat commercial but I did.... (They had too make up for the J-LO Fiat commercials)

SloMoJo

Monkey
Dec 17, 2002
New England
Though this was one of the better commercials, and I do like Eastwood movies, did anyone else decipher a "vote for another round of Obama" in it????
Yea man ...brother O know how to fix it.
Sure nuff does!
View attachment 109986

If The big O is QB next season ..we're screwed.

Side note ...
Fiat now owns 58% of Chrysler...after they came out of Chapt 11.
Hardly an American success story...imo.

Still ...cool message ..props to the Chrysler Marketing dept.
They did well with Eminem spot last year as well.

Last edited:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
The game was lame and the commercials were even more so. The creativity has simply paled in comparison to later years. it is pretty sad when the best entertainment of the whole broadcast session was the halftime show and even at that the only part that was entertaining was the technology employed underneath the has been entertainment.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I guess I could see where non-football-fans might find it boring to watch.
I agree, if you didn't like the game you are just one of those guys who doesn't pay attention for most of the season then watches the Superbowl because it's what everyone else is doing and you know all the other guys are going to be talking about it so you don't want to look like a girl.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I agree, if you didn't like the game you are just one of those guys who doesn't pay attention for most of the season then watches the Superbowl because it's what everyone else is doing and you know all the other guys are going to be talking about it so you don't want to look like a girl.
...I find that people who are stoned tend to be indifferent too.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
:rolleyes:

Or more accurately, you're someone who watched every game of the season and know how the Patriots usually play and was let down by their performance last night.