Turbo Monkey
Mar 5, 2005
Davidson, NC AKA DURTY THIRTY
Hey what do you think of this, Post your best kids dh/fr bike builds
Heres my dream bike for the kid ill have in 12 years
Frame: Specialized Big hit grom, Canadian version, that green is hawt
Fork: Fox 36 Talas
Rear shock: Fox rp3, DHX Air, or a DHX ti spring
Wheelset: Singletracks laced to hope xc rear and bulb front with ti spokes and alloy nipples.
Brakes: Avid Juicy Seven, smaller rotors i suppose, or hope mono m4
Tires: The lightest ones you could find in a 24, minions, with thin thin xc tubes.
Seatpost: Thopson
Seat: THE mtnx
Bars: EC 70 monkeylite
CRANKS: Shimano xt with a 32 t front chainring
11-34 cassset
Hollow pin chain
SRAM xo rear derailer mid cage,
E thirteen chainguide, with the smallest bashuard
trigger shifters xo, easer for kids to work, their hands cant fit around a grip shifter as well.
Easton Cully Pedals
YOUR TURN

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
As long as my kid rides, Ill be happy. She already rips up and down the street and she is only 3yo. Someday I hope to have her on a mtn bike.

stubby

Turbo Monkey
Mar 5, 2005
Davidson, NC AKA DURTY THIRTY
yeah im fifteen, i wont be having kids for a while, if i hang w the right crowd ahhahah, but yeah it would be cool to have this for your kid, but it would also be sweet as long as your kid rides

DaKahuna

Chimp
Jul 27, 2003
Lake Elsinore, CA
Actually Chumba Wumba has made several custom DH bikes for small kids. I saw one once when we were shuttling trails in Corona, and it was really cool to see this like 8 or 9 year old kid with a real DH bike. I can't remember what fork was on it though....

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
That picture is at Chapel Hill, the 25 foot trail gap. As you might have guessed, he didnt clear it. There is no plenalty, you can go as fast as you want!

Thrillkil

Monkey
May 25, 2005
Isla Vista, CA
Ultimate grommet bike:

Brooklyn Machine Works FQ w/avy
Super T with cut-down, extra soft springs, so it rides lower
Shimano Saint brakes, 6" rotors
True Precision Stealth rear hub
Everything else, same as OP.

doc gravity

Monkey
Oct 25, 2004
highlands ranch, CO
Mountain states build for an 8 yr old:
Stinky Jr Frame
Pushed vanilla rear shock
Psylo with med heavy springs up front
Hope Mono4's with 6" rotors fr and rear
Intense mag 30 rims in 24 "
2.5 highrollers
hussfelt cranks and specialized pedals (going for the bling in gold)
road cassette
E13 SRS

Little heavy, but it gets the job done. scott

fattyfat1

Monkey
Mar 22, 2005
Kelso, WA
here's my kids bike! he's 3 and just about ready to lose the trainers! i got helmet cam footage of him doing a 8" drop on that baby when he was 2! fun stuff. a blast to build up for him, he was so excited he peed his pants! (literally)

Attachments

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
fattyfat1 said:
here's my kids bike! he's 3 and just about ready to lose the trainers! i got helmet cam footage of him doing a 8" drop on that baby when he was 2! fun stuff. a blast to build up for him, he was so excited he peed his pants! (literally)
That thing has a unified rear triangle, why can't you get any of the best rear suspension technology in a 12" bike yet?

The cool grom bike to have would a Yeti 4x in extra small, Float 130 up front, mavic Cross-Max XLs and full x0. You gotta keep it light so the little dude can still throw it around. If the kid weighs 80lbs and is riding a 40pound bike its like a 180lbs adult riding a 90 pound sled, it just won't work!

Thrillkil

Monkey
May 25, 2005
Isla Vista, CA
this works too, for the "Luckiest kid on Earth" category:

To my knowledge, this is the only grom Disco Volante ever built (no idea who that kid is).

mark8888

Chimp
Nov 10, 2005
brooklyn machine works with manitou suspension and three race face parts . cranksets, bashguard, and diablous stem and riser bar .