Quantcast

thoughts on crankworx

mfreak

Chimp
Feb 12, 2009
well i got to thinking to day, why is crankworx not a televised event like in the xgames or even the dew tour? is it politics or something else? i remember when i played paint ball it was all the topic of discussion in the mags i would read. we need to get on tv we need to be main stream we need to get on the x games. i just haven't read anything about them wanting to go more mainstream. am i missing something like they tried but failed or its not a cool a bmx dj's or street? any thought's on this? :think:

igz-

Monkey
Nov 30, 2008
Santa Cruz
The thing is with mountain biking... you really have to ride to know what it's all about. For a large portion of the TV watching population... that doesn't really make sense. And, of course, it's all about the money it would pull in and with low figures it's a no-go...

I mean don't get me wrong, I would be AMPED to watch mountain biking on TV...

May 23, 2007
Stamford, CT
The thing is with mountain biking... you really have to ride to know what it's all about. For a large portion of the TV watching population... that doesn't really make sense. And, of course, it's all about the money it would pull in and with low figures it's a no-go...

I mean don't get me wrong, I would be AMPED to watch mountain biking on TV...
Yeah I agree that you have to ride to know what it's about. But I think it's only a matter of time before hardtails (at least) end up on the xgames. Then from there freeriding/slopestyle should take off.

Nissan has those Qashqai? events, which might already be televised in Europe. Some Jeep events were televised here in the states during last years 48 Straight events.

And I think the Colorado outdoor games had some mtb events and I believe they were televised too.

But if Cranxworx were to get media coverage... woot! That would be a giant leap for MTB.

I say, in time it will happen. I remember when all I saw were a bunch of skateboarding ads then finally bmx ads showed up for Nike and Levis.

mfreak

Chimp
Feb 12, 2009
i do remember that when paintball was on tv thinking if you dident play then i was like 4 min of boring with 10 sec of wow that was cool mixed in. i think it would not be that big of a leap for the main stream to catch on as to whats going on. you have to get some good commentators that was huge mistake was the commentators sucked they dident keep you interested. i dont think you could find a person the dident have ether a bike or a skate board so thats why there so popular in the xgames. i love to see it on tv i think it would take off a pull some money in, but you would get posers that would buy everything the pros have and flood the local dj and freeride seen. i use to love to shoot them when they show up on the paint ball field lol.