Quantcast

Thoughts on the Spec Status 1

Drth Vadr

Monkey
Oct 5, 2011
The $2450 price point on this bike has me very interested.The specs are nothing to write home about, but will the fork and shock be competent. I go on the philosophy that you aways get a good fork and shock, and in this case is capable good enough. Can this rig pedal just enough? Not sure how to feel about the 135mm bolt on rear either. I want to know want you guys think about the BigHit replacement.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Unless you will find a closeout deal that's the best you will get for 2.5k in the US without bro deals. Can't comment on the status but bighits were never super good at pedaling but do you really aim at enduro?

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
should be a rad park bike that you don't have to spend 6grand on to be a cool RM member. The bike will be able to handle big jumps and drops, high speed sections, and leave you with a big smile. Killer bang for your buck, great geo, and well backed. There are cheaper bikes out there, like the sette vex, but I guarantee this has better geo and will be better assembled. the 135 rear just gives you lots of hub options, and the fork and shock will be 100% capable. I hope other companies follow suit - giant is semi on board with a cheaper glory, but I'd like to see an even more base model from them and do away with the faith entirely.

Drth Vadr

Monkey
Oct 5, 2011
should be a rad park bike that you don't have to spend 6grand on to be a cool RM member. The bike will be able to handle big jumps and drops, high speed sections, and leave you with a big smile. Killer bang for your buck, great geo, and well backed. There are cheaper bikes out there, like the sette vex, but I guarantee this has better geo and will be better assembled. the 135 rear just gives you lots of hub options, and the fork and shock will be 100% capable. I hope other companies follow suit - giant is semi on board with a cheaper glory, but I'd like to see an even more base model from them and do away with the faith entirely.
Bike radar reviewed the Status as having a wiggly rear end. On another thread someone mentioned that they made the rear 135 QR to get rid extra QR drops outs they had left over, Bike radar kind of eludes to that in the review even though Specialize said different. I tend to believe, because almost everything that's Trail/AM now a days has at least a 135mm thru axle, why not the new DH bike? They think everything else is great and upgradable as do I, but the rear is it's achilles heal which make it a disappointment. They also expect other manufactures to follow suit with better offerings. Well it looks like it I'm still looking at the used market, that doesn't bother my, I just like a warranty.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
its really easy to outfit a wheel with a through axle. Specialized doesn't stock one because its cheaper, and you want to buy a cheaper bike. Most hubs are easily converted by the end user, with 12 dollars in parts and 10-15 in labor.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
135mm rear end is not going to hold you back -- that is for sure.