Quantcast

Thread for Ellen.

downhill66

Monkey
Aug 23, 2005
doing somthing....
Hey Ellen stay strong, and get well soon!!! my mom and dad send their best and hope u have a speedy recovery.remember u got next season 2 be ready 4 haha JK. But most of all take ur time get healthy and take it easy ur in our prayers and thoughts if ya need anything just ask. we are all here for you.
and to anyone who doesnt allready know this Ellen is a great strong woman so suport her and keep her and mat in your thoughts and prayers!
-Aaron, Terry, and Toby-

Feb 26, 2007
I always enjoy seeing Matt and Ellen and the cool cycle therapy trailor at the local races...Healing vibes Ellen ! , I hope to see you back rippin up some DH next season

DHZombie

Chimp
Jul 12, 2005
Leesburg, VA
Ellen,

I was just made aware of your unfortunate accident late yesterday and I wanted to give you my best wishes and prayers for a speedy and complete recovery.

I guess I can speak from experience when I say that if you put all of your effort into your recovery and therapy, you WILL RIDE AGAIN ! You see, I was the rider who broke my neck(C1 vertebrae broken in half) last year at the 2nd race of the Snowshoe series. I have been riding my road bike/mountain bike and playing golf 2-3 times a week since April. I will not be racing again (sadly), but I have regained nearly 90% of my mobility as well as regaining most of my pre-accident strength/stamina.

I went through 3 1/2 months of wearing a stiff cervical collar before having fusion surgery last December. After my surgery, there was physical therapy 2-3 times a week for another 5 months. Even though I was cautioned against doing so, I was driving my vehicle 2 mos. after my accident (this was necessary due to my single marital status). The therapy was not easy, but if you take the bit in your teeth and gut it out, the benefits will be worth it in the long run.

I'm sure that your fitness will really benefit you in your speedy and complete recovery.

Good Luck and Good Health,:clapping:

Bruce Lipski

P.S. If you have any questions that you may want to discuss about the therapy, treatment, etc......, give me a call at (703)443-0274. I would be happy to talk to you.

dhchix

Chimp
Mar 26, 2006
NC
Ellen,

I was just made aware of your unfortunate accident late yesterday and I wanted to give you my best wishes and prayers for a speedy and complete recovery.

I guess I can speak from experience when I say that if you put all of your effort into your recovery and therapy, you WILL RIDE AGAIN ! You see, I was the rider who broke my neck(C1 vertebrae broken in half) last year at the 2nd race of the Snowshoe series. I have been riding my road bike/mountain bike and playing golf 2-3 times a week since April. I will not be racing again (sadly), but I have regained nearly 90% of my mobility as well as regaining most of my pre-accident strength/stamina.

I went through 3 1/2 months of wearing a stiff cervical collar before having fusion surgery last December. After my surgery, there was physical therapy 2-3 times a week for another 5 months. Even though I was cautioned against doing so, I was driving my vehicle 2 mos. after my accident (this was necessary due to my single marital status). The therapy was not easy, but if you take the bit in your teeth and gut it out, the benefits will be worth it in the long run.

I'm sure that your fitness will really benefit you in your speedy and complete recovery.

Good Luck and Good Health,:clapping:

Bruce Lipski

P.S. If you have any questions that you may want to discuss about the therapy, treatment, etc......, give me a call at (703)443-0274. I would be happy to talk to you.
Thanks for the encouragement. It's tough having to wear the brace right now but to reach my goal I know its something that has to be done. I'm keeping a positive attitude towards recovery and look forward to climbing back on the bike. After hearing your situation I definitely feel very fortunate that my accident wasn't worse. Hope you continue on your road to full recovery as well.:thumb:

Murphy's Law

Monkey
Apr 29, 2006
Raleighwood NC
wow. i haven't been on the monkey much lately since i haven't really been riding since the US Open, and was floored when i read this thread.....glad to hear you're doing ok and have a postive attitude towards getting better. Rest up and get well soon ellen!!!!!

beachbum

Chimp
Feb 19, 2007
coastal nc
ellen,
we rode the lift up saturday, i was the one that asked if you were from nc, (i remembered talking to you last season). Glad to see your upright and on the road to recovery. You'll be in our thoughts and prayers.
see you next season, bob

Vader

Chimp
Sep 17, 2007
Cocoa Beach, FL
Hey Matt and Ellen, it's Glenn Hawks from FL (black uzzi), have not been on RM before so I just now learned what happened.
Man, Im so sorry to hear about Ellen and hope she's doing well.
Best wishes on your healing, recovery and comeback!

Be strong, take it slow, heal right...good luck.
The whole Florida crew is pullin for ya!
Thoughts and Prayers.