Quantcast

Three feet of snow. Close the school? Nah.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Why would they do a silly thing like that? People are only SNOWMOBILING IN THE STREETS. There were something like 4 wrecks in the school parking lot, and any car without FWD or AWD/4WD could not make it up a certain hill, which happens to be a major artery in the city. A Ford Thunderbird almost slid backwards into me, stupid woman built no speed before hitting the hill. I'm angry. ANGRY. DAMN THE SNOW!

:mumble: :mumble: :help: :mumble: :mumble:

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Out here in Colorado Springs, the districts are all wussies so as soon as we have 3-6" on the ground and its icy or below 25* we instantly have a snowday it seems. :D

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Every county around us here closes when a flake falls and decides the night before. For us, its more of 2 inches or its decided at the very last minute to shut em down....

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
rpk1988 said:
Every county around us here closes when a flake falls and decides the night before. For us, its more of 2 inches or its decided at the very last minute to shut em down....
If they even predict snow here everything closes. Plus everyone runs to the grocery store and buys milk, eggs, and bread. Its pavlovian. I've decided they have french toast parties or something.

Nate at RIT

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
bending stuff in the ROC
Don't feel too bad.

9/11: RIT close? No, we need to continue to learn.

2 years ago: Several thousand people without power in the county. RIT close? Nope, we need to continue to learn. Students and teachers were taking showers in the gym because they didn't have it at home.

But yeah, that's ridiculous. Just trying to say you're not the only one.