Quantcast

Three packs of rings (TBR)

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I need new rings up front... Any high end brand offering something significantly better than the other?

Blackspire
Raceface
FSA
Shimano XTR

Thanx!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Jozz,

I have a 4 bolt Race Face and a 4 Bolt Truvativ - both are 44T and both are not being used by me. You are welcome to either one or both if you'd like them. Just need to cover shipping. I know the Truvativ was from a set of higher end model cranks since it was off of a 2004 Iron Horse Hollowpoint Team frame (I got it from BMXman but never used it).

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
MMcG said:
Jozz,

I have a 4 bolt Race Face and a 4 Bolt Truvativ - both are 44T and both are not being used by me. You are welcome to either one or both if you'd like them. Just need to cover shipping. I know the Truvativ was from a set of higher end model cranks since it was off of a 2004 Iron Horse Hollowpoint Team frame (I got it from BMXman but never used it).
Actually only my mid ring is toasted, but I will go for brand new rings with a new chain as well. Thanks for the offer though!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Jozz, I have been using Truvativ rings for years now and they are awesome. They cost significantly less than Shimano or RaceFace rings and work just as well IMO.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Echo said:
Jozz, I have been using Truvativ rings for years now and they are awesome. They cost significantly less than Shimano or RaceFace rings and work just as well IMO.
Thats what I have right now. Came with the Stylo SL. I'm suprised they didn't last long, only one season. They have been abused a bit though... :devil:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Jozz said:
Thats what I have right now. Came with the Stylo SL. I'm suprised they didn't last long, only one season. They have been abused a bit though... :devil:
Ever since I got my singlespeed, the parts on my geared bikes seem to wear a lot less :devil:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Do rings vary in quality depending on which crankset the come on? For example, are the rings on a bottom-of-the-line truvativ firex any different than the rings on higher end stylo crankset?

I fried my FireX rings very quickly - had much better luck with the replacement shimano rings, though I don't know what "grade" the shimano rings were.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I had assurances from Yeti that they could get me a 575 in time for the race but you know how promises work in the bike industry. So I ended up putting gears on the Kona for the race. Now that the race is over I really don't have any need for a geared mountain bike until like September. :think: