Quantcast

Three piece collarbone

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Here is a shot of Katie's collarbane after she crashed on the mtx course at windrock. The part of the collarbone that is in the shoulder should be attached to the piece above it. The doc today said to let it heal up. It should bridge the gap on it's own. If it doesn't then they will operate.
She is through racing until January.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Best wishes I hope she doesn't need surgery.

It makes my shoulder hurt just looking at it.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
I think it helps that she's very athletic. She won't sit around and feel sorry for herself. I'm looking into getting a gym membership for the family but I have to wait to see what our pay and benefit cuts will be first. Or I could just do the Rocky3 training, tie a big tree trunk to her waist and have her run down the street, one handed push-ups, etc.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
genpowell71 said:
Be careful with the collar bones, my oldest kid broke her's and it had to be re-broken to heal it up the right way.
That's what I hope to avoid. We'll find out in a month when she goes back for a check up.

bmies

Chimp
Mar 28, 2004
I broke my collarbone in a similar way and jumped back into the game a little too early without allowing my ac joint ( from the collarbone to the remainder of the shoulder) to heal correctly. She definately needs to allow the full course of the healing process to take place as I have been going through alot of pain via the sports that I choose to participate in (rowing and swimming in particular). The actual bone healed up very nicely. I still have a sweet bump to remind me, but it fused together well and I even shattered part of mine.