Quantcast

Thrill Zone?

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
A group of us from Portland are thinking of hitting up Thrill Zone on Sunday. I don't know anything about the place except that it has a foam pit. Maybe I'll pound a few Monster energys and try some backflips on my Fall Guy.

Anybody been there before?
Know the hours?
Want to meet us there?

Any info would be cool.

Thanks,
Tim

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
pnj said:
google much? :)

they changed the name.

http://www.patriotx.com/t/
that should help you...
Thanks for the link.
Hmmm, doesn't sound too good. Only 2 hour sessions at $8 each. Sat 8pm-10pm, Sun 6pm-8pm. There's only one photo on the site that shows a guy on a bike, no good photos of the skatepark, and tons of photos of little kids having birthday parties.
It'd be at least a two hour drive for us to get there.

thesacrifice

Monkey
Aug 4, 2004
I used to go every Wed, for Paintball :) One of the top national paintball teams used to scrimmage there every Wed, it was sooo fun. Then a new owner bought the complex, changed it to reball, and shunned off recreational ballers. This is the equivalent of a lift assisted bike resort telling downhillers and freeriders to go home... His business practice is shady and he publically belittles his customers both in person, in shop, and on the internet. Go there if getting **** on sounds like a plan.

I must say though, that indoor skate/bike park is gnarly. It's a shame it wasn't around when I was still skating

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
here's some footage from a recent contest.

http://students.washington.edu/dani1234/destroy/partiotx.mov

now that the weather is starting to suck, it's probably getting full of people on bikes/skates/etc. but the few times i've been there, it's pretty much been empty. I would say it was worth the money. but I was there once when it was packed and it kind of sucked.... (that was the first few months it was open and during winter, i think...)