Quantcast

"Through axle Hadley's front and rear"? Ripped off?

cederrowe

Monkey
Feb 18, 2006
portland, oregon
So I by a bike of the internet from a reputable seller, he say's "through axle Hadley's front and rear". This would mean 12mm in the rear not a quick release correct?
Thanks, Monkeys

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Hadley makes a keyed 10mm rear thru-axle to fit in QR dropouts, so it may easily be a QR dropout. You'll have to ask.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
If you have a question about an ebay auction the best person to ask might just be the seller.

cederrowe

Monkey
Feb 18, 2006
portland, oregon
Either way by saying "through axle" were not talking quick release?
It is a kind of big issue because this is a rear end from Goldtec 26" kit for a bighit. The seller stated "through axle rear", they make a 12mm rear triangle and a quick release rear triangle wich I believe to be the 10mm. Regardles when you state "through axle" does that mean bolt on hadley's in either 10mm or 12mm? Thanks guys

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
If the guy is stating "through axle", then he is stating that it is NOT a quick release skewer.

Technically, the Hadley 10mm axle is not a "thru-axle", it is a "bolt-on" axle. However, the term is widely misused enough that I would not guarantee that he doesn't mean the 10mm axle.

The bolt-on axle has hex nuts on either side that tighten down. A true "thru-axle" is not bolted on like that, it is an axle that goes through the hub and there are pinch bolts on the frame that hold it in place.

You'd need to ask the seller to clarify.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
12mm is not the most common size rear axle. if it was 12mm, it would most likely have been specified, unless the seller is completely retarded. i use the hadley 10mm keyed bolt on axle for vertical dropouts. they make adapters for all their hubs so all you have to do is call hadley, tell them what you have, then tell them what you need. (ie you can swap the axle kit on a rear hub from 10mm to 12mm)

Jun 18, 2004
Hadley even makes a bushing to go from 10mm to 12mm on thier Ti bolt on axel... and yes if a person has access to a Machine shop you can adapt those bushings to the 10mm Al through axel... but that's most likely not been done on what your looking at... Hadley hubs in a 135 rear can be set up w/ a QR, 10mm Ti bolt on (like C King fun bolts), 10mm to 12mm Ti bolt on, 10mm Al thru, 12mm thru, 15mm thru (Ells Dare)... best just to ask the seller though...

cederrowe

Monkey
Feb 18, 2006
portland, oregon
What I was asking is this. When a seller advertises that the Hadley's are "through axle" on the bike, is this impling that they allready have the bolt on kit installed whether 10mm or 12mm? He shipped me quick release Hadley's. IS this misleading? Should I BITCH? Sorry if my post was confusing, I know all the hadley options for their 135mm hub.