Quantcast

thu-axles

konahucker43

Monkey
Jul 18, 2004
central NY
why wouldnt you want a thru axle? they are sweet, i dont think id ride one after i saw my friends qr come undone and the wheel fall off whilst racing the NCS snowshoe.

DH SB RIDER

Monkey
Aug 31, 2005
Santa Barbara
The reason that i don't want a thu-axle is because i just got a ck for my 01 kona stab, and im thinking of getting a better dh frame. So i was wondering if there is any frames that i would not have to buy/build a new wheel!

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Mountain Cycle ShockWave 9point5.
It has replaceable drop-outs, QR, 12mm, or 12mm floater.

That's your best deal.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
This is like saying, "I bought a box of 9mm rounds, and now I want to buy a 9mm handgun to fit my bullets".

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
no its not it will make you 10 times faster lol jkjk, hey don't sell the criss king hub unless you are going to get the same or more $....have you talked to john what is the price on the m3

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
zmtber said:
no its not it will make you 10 times faster lol jkjk, hey don't sell the criss king hub unless you are going to get the same or more $....have you talked to john what is the price on the m3
punctuation and good spelling are your friend.

DH SB RIDER

Monkey
Aug 31, 2005
Santa Barbara
Yes, seriously Zack learn how to punctuate! Dude i don't think that we should have the whole teownam go up on friday because we don't want to be held up, and we want to get down the damn trail by the time it gets dark. Unlike last time...

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
My friend has a scott high octane 2. When he test rode at Arts Cyclery in SLO, CA he blew out the manipoo kingpin in the parking lot. They took the same fork off the other octane 2 and it lasted a few days only. Then he got a shiver. And then a dhx5.

It is on the heavy side, but its burly. Is it a race bike or a huck bike? His fork is really slack and its the the headtube sleeve iis in the steepest position.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
gnurider1080 said:
sell the chris king, get a hadley and all of your problems will be solved...
There you go. If the CK hub is in good condition you can probably sell it for a good price.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
My M1 has QR or 12mm TA options, just change the spacers.

But seriously, if it's a king you should be able to get enough money out of it to get a Hadley/DT Swiss FR/Hope Bulb for another spacing if needed. I've had no issues running 12mm or QR except for time to change the tire AND stiffness. The 12mm is pretty stiff.

I'd wait until you got the frame. I already had a new QR wheel built up (hope bulb QR) and got my M1. I wanted a stiffer rear, so I got the 12mm option for the hub. I say the above options as they can all be converted from 12mm to QR or the Hadley can go larger if needed.

sn0wboarder

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
NJ
zmtber said:
good luck with that. 99% of the time you are going to lose money. Just suck it up. Hadley is just as good as King.