Quantcast

*** thu Thu thu ***

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Got the approval for a private hospital operation. First try has several weeks wait time so need to see if there is another option. Right now big phone break down in Denmark so can't call. At least moving forward.

All covid restrictions are lifted Tuesday in Denmark.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
WHATCHA SAY THERE BROSEPH! I slept in this morning and secured 10.5 hours of the glorious shuteye. Working from home, no meetings, and lots of busywork to get done, so just the kind of work day I like. I'll scoot out for a run on my lunch break. cool story

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
TURDSDAY

Little warmer here today, though that wind will cut right through ya. Should be able to ride the phatttttt bike tonight.

Time to find some coffee and hunker down.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Really need to channel this morning's general outrage at everything into some qualitative work.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

not skiing today

working

bleh. 2-10 pm. Grievances shall be aired at annual review at 1 pm.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Let's put all of Stoney's meetings this week today. Back to back with no break windows from 9am - 5pm. Oh, and make sure to teach a class in there while you're at it. Don't mind the 12 vm's and 18 emails you've received about the market and people want to schedule appointments. You'll get to those eventually; maybe tomorrow. Have fun!

I hate our Salesforce-Outlook integration. If I put it in Outlook it doesn't schedule into SF. If someone else puts it into Outlook, it's a 50-50 chance it schedules into SF. And if I put something into SF directly it's a toss up if it will either show up in Outlook or our external scheduling software will recognize it exists - and it's part of the fucking platform!

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Let's put all of Stoney's meetings this week today. Back to back with no break windows from 9am - 5pm. Oh, and make sure to teach a class in there while you're at it. Don't mind the 12 vm's and 18 emails you've received about the market and people want to schedule appointments. You'll get to those eventually; maybe tomorrow. Have fun!

I hate our Salesforce-Outlook integration. If I put it in Outlook it doesn't schedule into SF. If someone else puts it into Outlook, it's a 50-50 chance it schedules into SF. And if I put something into SF directly it's a toss up if it will either show up in Outlook or our external scheduling software will recognize it exists - and it's part of the fucking platform!
Outlook and salesforce are the two most overrated and problematic pieces of shit out there. Literal house of cards in a boat galley.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Heyo friends! Not much going on here, other than this winter storm that's gonna ruin this weekends plan to get more done on the house. Speaking of which, I need to get a dumpster. So much trash.

just discovered my home ski hill is closing: https://www.stormskiing.com/p/if-you-havent-skied-toggenburg-yet bummer though I haven't been there in like 25 years.

Slept like shit, zero motivation.
Apparently, there are ~175 current and defunct ski hills across MA. That's almost 1 per every 2 towns in the state.

That sounds hellacious. I typically get 0 phone calls, 0 voice-mail, and have perhaps 1 meeting per day. That's about all I have the capacity to deal with.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Outlook and salesforce are the two most overrated and problematic pieces of shit out there. Literal house of cards in a boat galley.
I much prefer the DOS structure we had at Bloomberg. The individual's account had a blind note and scheduling structure attached to it. I could pull up a person, click add or request appt (2 things), add it to my calendar as a tentative, and they would get the request. If accepted, live meeting +/-15min buffer built in (as was my default); if declined, note added to acct automatically reflecting. Their account was a sub acct to the firm, so I could run reports by firm easily. One big, easy system.

SF has 2 identifiers for each person AND each firm, neither of which are guaranteed to be attached to the other appropriately. I can have assigned calls, but they come out referencing a person, but not the firm. And since it's a different program, it has to be forced to integrate. MSFT really needs to make a sales/client mgmt platform.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Apparently, there are ~175 current and defunct ski hills across MA. That's almost 1 per every 2 towns in the state.
It's not that it's closing per se, it's that they did togg dirty they way they shuttered it, then apparently structured the dismantling in such a way that it can never be a ski hill again. I don't really have a dog in the fight- it was a shitty ski hill that was poorly maintained and never saw a new trail since I was born, but it still makes me sad!

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I mean, wearing a mask is such an inconvenience to business owners and customers alike, so this clearly reduces the prosperity of the economy. What, people get more sick when we lift the restrictions? Let us just change the rules so Covid-positives can come back to work earlier. Let us lift the requirements for isolation of close contacts as well, the work force will otherwise be affected.

I will start a petition to lift all speed limits. There are more people dying from the flu than traffic accidents, so this clearly shows that we do not need these restrictions anymore. And can you imagine how much better the economy would do if people can get to work and back faster? Trucks can deliver goods quicker too. Only winners! ;)

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News

Hmm. Sounds like what you need is a new job with more responsibilities.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Pro-tip, if you leave your voicemail box full, you can no longer get anymore. :D

I don't think I've bothered checking voicemail in 5+ years..
I've been working places for 15 years where mobile phones are really the staple of communication, and the idea of a voicemail is so weird now that 23 different kinds of text message are available instead.

US-based people get really frustrated that I don't even set up an inbox. Then I remember they're working from land lines.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I've been working places for 15 years where mobile phones are really the staple of communication, and the idea of a voicemail is so weird now that 23 different kinds of text message are available instead.

US-based people get really frustrated that I don't even set up an inbox. Then I remember they're working from land lines.
Compliance prohibits use of text. It's written communication that cannot be automatically put into record, so we can't do it.