Quantcast

Thule and/or Toyota Folks?

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I've got a friend in desperate need of a roof rack for his new Yaris sedan. He's really scrapping the paint on his roof moving his kayak around just jusing the foamies right on the paint directly. (He's not big into washing his car...)

He's not having much luck getting any info from either Thule or Toyota as to when they're actually coming out with a fit kit/rack for his car.

So, Ridemonkey being the vast ocean of knowledge and bien-faisance that it is, I thought maybe someone might have some clue as to what options are available to those "in the know" with these manufacturers. Or not. But I'm all ears.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Okay, so it seems nobody here works for either of these outfits...how about Yakima? I know it's just a Yaris, but help a guy out...

Anyone?...Anyone...? Something d-o-o economics? Voodoo economics...

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
ha ha, a motorcycle towing a boat. now thats funny right there!

as far as Thule Racks, we "in the know" don't really know until everyone else knows. their website is the best source of information. Sorry

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
me too. i have a newish yaris and am looking for a roof rack. thule, yakima, whatever. i got a lefty, so if anybody knows a lefty-friendly rack it would be cool.
2 bike rack would be even cooler, but not necesary.

Aug 28, 2006
Fairfax, VA
I can't help much on this but I do have a Thule rack on my Prius. It was difficult to find info on the appropriate "feet" for the rack. Every other part is standard except tube length. If he can't find the right tube length he can always find a hacksaw!

I like rackattack.com