Votes: 22 81.5%
  • Yakima Highroller

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
I don't think you can draw a direct correlation between the price of a bike to the price of a bike rack. A bike has lots of small pieces with much tighter tolerances. Think about hydraulic brakes for example. They are just one part of a bike and the level of complexity is far above what is essentially a stationary tray with some sort of arm.

I do, however, think you can draw a correlation between what bikers will pay for a bike rack based on what they pay for bikes.
Not true... I paid $70 for my Dakine tailgate pad.
Then again, you could say that I paid WAY more since I got the truck mostly for hauling bikes.
;)

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
I need to buy a roof rack. Which do you prefer, the Thule Sidearm or the Yakima Highroller? Id like to hear from people that have used both.
Just wanted to give props. I bought a THULE 4 Tray rack system back in 2005 with the Side arm configuration on the top of my Truck fiberglass tonneau cover. After years of use and abuse from shuttling, some of the parts of the rack were bent and just plain worn out. I took it over to Rackattack.com in Denver and they replaced UNDER WARRANTY the worn out and bent pieces of the rack. THULE has a LIFETIME WARRANTY! Thanks Rack Attack and THULE! I couldn't be more stoked! I'm thinking of purchasing another 4 Tray hitch rack and it will be for sure a THULE!

The Toyota Tundra loaded and ready for Sea Otter 2010!

Last edited: