Quantcast

Thule Problem!

the diner

Monkey
Jun 19, 2006
Davidson, NC
Ok i hope there is somebody out there who can help me with this. We just bought a Thule T2 rack to tote the bikes on so we can finally go places in our car and ride. However when i went to throw the Demo up on there its rear hangs off a good like 5 inches, enough to where it is way too sketch to just leave it like that and drive it somewhere. Just to be curious i took my dad's hardrock and put it on there and it barely fits.
Now my friend has the same rack but a few years older and it holds my bike with room to spare. So im wondering if anyone knows if there are different sizes of this rack that we neglected to see when ordering the rack or if we need to sell this thing and switch over to some other kind of rack.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
That doesn't sound right. My T2 (about 6 months old) fits dh bikes fine - a medium IH Sunday and a medium Intense Socom.

MattP.

Monkey
Jun 27, 2005
99% sure you have the wheel tray/bucket backwards. Unbolt it/them, and flip them

Notice which way the "high flange" of the front wheel tray faces? Replicate this:

MattP.

Monkey
Jun 27, 2005
Dude you are so right
im gonna go flip it right now
thanks alot
Haha, yeah when I assembled mine, I did the innermost rack right, and used that w/ my Blindside for a while, then went to put my buddy's XC bike on the outer one and it was hanging off, :pirate2:

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
You will love the T2, it's a really great rack for DH bikes. Best thing is, when 2 bikes aren't enough, you can get another pair of trays that attach right to the original two.