Quantcast

Thunder mountain or blue mountain

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
have you been to either?

right off the top of my head

thunder: amazing machine built jump trail( thanks for gravity logic ), great loamy( still a brand new mountain ) loose DH steeps (the shiest DH trail is a hell of a DH trail) but a very slow lift.. when there is a line it takes a half hour to get to the top of the mountain

blue: different style of terrain and have more trails; ALOT of rocks and DH :rockout: some fun flowy trails, and their main freeride/jump trail is awesome ( forget the name )

either place is going to be a blast, and the scenery will be beautiful; especially with the foliage

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
Can't speak for Blue Mt, but Thunder is a blast, like TH said. I'll be there with a few others Saturday. I'm hoping their new bigger jump trail is done. Word is it's supposed to be ready before the end of the season. Also hoping they did some work to the Schist. It got seriously blown out during the ESC race. It was unusually dry for a while leading up to the race.

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
have you been to either?

right off the top of my head

thunder: amazing machine built jump trail( thanks for gravity logic ), great loamy( still a brand new mountain ) loose DH steeps (the shiest DH trail is a hell of a DH trail) but a very slow lift.. when there is a line it takes a half hour to get to the top of the mountain

blue: different style of terrain and have more trails; ALOT of rocks and DH :rockout: some fun flowy trails, and their main freeride/jump trail is awesome ( forget the name )

either place is going to be a blast, and the scenery will be beautiful; especially with the foliage
Been to both thunder once and blue a dozen times that's the dilemma would hate to get jammed up with a slow lift and lift lines yet as good as blue is I have ridden every trail a lot.............probably headed to thunder anyway I can always hit blue next weekend.......first time since 07 have not made it to Diablo

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Can't speak for Blue Mt, but Thunder is a blast, like TH said. I'll be there with a few others Saturday. I'm hoping their new bigger jump trail is done. Word is it's supposed to be ready before the end of the season. Also hoping they did some work to the Schist. It got seriously blown out during the ESC race. It was unusually dry for a while leading up to the race.
I hacked quite a few roots out of Schist between the ESC race and the Collegiate race weekend- she's running good this afternoon, but It is a little leafy, and I doubt I'll go out and leafblow though.

There are quite a few hits on the new jump trail done, but before we can open the new stuff up there is some pretty serious carpentry that needs to go on... some big ole pieces of wood in some unexpected places... The Gravity Logic guy who does most of the woodwork is on a little holiday to Thailand, and I don't think he's back until next week. There is also a pretty serious chunk of Hawleywood that still needs to get logged and excavated, but the top and bottom(ish) are starting to look tasty.
Trailcrew has already bent/broken a few bikes sending some of 'em...