Quantcast

Thunder mountain

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
I'm pretty dang sure this is closing weekend.

I know I'm leaving mid week next week to head down to Asheville-ish for the "winter". I could see a possibility of there being another bonus week on top of this one, but It'll have to be without me!

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
exactly.. today was friggen dope. shiest and billy badger were awesome and of course gronk was silly fun today

next weekend is either thunder or highland ( prob highland 2 day )
Billy Badger was awesome today, Gronk was awesome, Back of the Bong Shed was awesome, Thundercunt was awesome, Blue Pulaski was awesome, Jake's snake was pretty good, the Masoshist was awesome, too (but I am a pussy so I only did it once).

Great job Thunder mountainers, thank you, I can't wait for the next year!

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
Billy Badger was awesome today, Gronk was awesome, Back of the Bong Shed was awesome, Thundercunt was awesome, Blue Pulaski was awesome, Jake's snake was pretty good, the Masoshist was awesome, too (but I am a pussy so I only did it once).

Great job Thunder mountainers, thank you, I can't wait for the next year!

seriously.. for their first year of mountain biking, thunder mountain is amazing. when highland opened they only had like 3 trails and look at them now.
keep it up boys!

and yeah shist is balls out on the rear tire.. i dont know how people race that! haha so gnarly

Em_Ef_Er

Chimp
Nov 21, 2015
Connecticut
I was up there about 3 weeks ago and got a sneak peak at the new big jump line off the Gronk. Based on how steep the lips are it'll be a lot of fun and a good change of pace from the Gronk, more bmx oriented imo.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
so thunderpants, what's good on the mountain this year? Are we getting some fresh new singletrack to go with the monster jump run you're building? I enjoyed the gernk last year but some additional single blacks might push me to grab that season's pass.

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
so thunderpants, what's good on the mountain this year? Are we getting some fresh new singletrack to go with the monster jump run you're building? I enjoyed the gernk last year but some additional single blacks might push me to grab that season's pass.
I'm with this dude. I've been trying to decide whether or not to grab one. A couple more natural DH trails would definitely get me to buy one. How much will passes be this year?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
the drunkowski? no i'm good with that one. I probably won't even touch the new jump run; me and jumps just don't mesh. another trail like billy badgah or the schist would be sweet. The schist pushes the boundary between enough speed and pucker factor. too easy is way into the red zone. billy badger is just the right mix to get going really fast but still being able to reign it in when you get stupid. Another one of those would make me happy.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I was making a joke. "Too easy", get it? :redface:

(I am secretly hoping the new jump line will take some bros off-the Gronk so a newb like me will feel moar comfy there).

Feb 3, 2016
Massachusetts
There is a nearly complete new ST black, between Schist and Wine Tree that the Gravity Logic Boys should give their blessing on before opening day.

We've got as few other things planned too.

We'll begin working on the trails in the next few weeks, can't walk on the machine built yet, but some of the natural ST is nearly ready to buff up.

Feb 3, 2016
Massachusetts
Getting closer guys. The excavators started humming as the snow dissappeared friday, my crews are getting the brush off the trails, clearing drainage and generally polishing things up. Bike racks go on the lift starting Monday. Oh, and the rental fleet is adding 28 Enduro EVO experts. What a ride!