Quantcast

~~~Thunderstorm Thursday GMT~~~

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hidee hoooo, MONKEYS! Two words for you on this fine Thursday morning: Wake (the heck) up.

Looks like it's going to be a soaking wet next four days. I was planning a long run this afternoon, but I'm not sure I want to run in thunderstorms. A little rain would be fine, but heavy rain would just suck. I think it'll be a treadmill day (FML).

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Got my ass handed to me at work yesterday. Got the cuts and the bruises to prove it too. Liked it so much I'm back today for some over time.:think: Gonna be ready for a beer or 5 when I get out of here for sure.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Meh, today it's Oak Harbor to Seattle for repo for flight home tomorrow. Back to MD for aftershocks and hurricanes.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
:wave:

Got my ass handed to me at work yesterday. Got the cuts and the bruises to prove it too. Liked it so much I'm back today for some over time.:think: Gonna be ready for a beer or 5 when I get out of here for sure.
story time!

ugh storms? was planning on riding after work. tempted to do it regardless of weather.

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
pulling to boat out tonight since i dont wanna have to go find it after the storm. other then that i final got my friend on a bike yesterday. he's had a lot of family problems going on for the past year or 2 and has wanted to start riding but just couldn't afford to get a bike. so me and my buddie took all our spare parts and peaced a bike together for him. kid was so pumped and now we got a new face to ride with:thumb:.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Not much to tell. Got stuck with a rather difficult job in the "hell hole" of a plane by virtue of the fact that I was the skinniest guy on shift, VERY little room in the aft equipment bay. Got three read rings still pressed into my back from laying on the #1 hydraulic by pass indicator.
should have crammed the 600lb guy in there and called it a day.

don't say he won't fit....that's what sharp knives are for.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Hidee hoooo, MONKEYS! Two words for you on this fine Thursday morning: Wake (the heck) up.
If I am not mistaken, that is more than 2 words for us. I hope we will not be charged extra this GMT.

Morning Monkeys. Payday is never a bad day. It is also bike night (motos) so I might even win some money, too.

Question: Anyone play 3 Ball pool? We started playing it when too many people who sucked wanted to play 8 ball and games took an hour.

Our 3 ball rules:
$1 in from all players
Low shot score wins
Tie goes to another round until there is a winner
Scratch is +1, ball in hand, and put a quarter up towards the next rack
Winner of the last round shoots first

It's best with 5-7 players. Too few and the pot doesn't get big enough, too many and you may never brake a tie.

I have yet to shoot a 2. I have only gotten a 3 a dozen times, but I can shoot a 4 almost every time. Sh!t talk is mandatory.

<edit> Only the bartender is allowed to shoot with a non-house cue because he's special. :rofl:

Last edited:

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
G'morning... looks like we traded our summer weather... now we have warm and sunny and you guys all have cloudy and rainy... Sorry! (But not for all of us here on the West coast.) WA--WESTERN WA (thx SS) hasn't hit 85 yet this year. LAME. It's warm now at least... feels great. I'll take whatever we can get for these last few weeks of summer!

2 weeks until WHISTLER! :D:weee:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Question: Anyone play 3 Ball pool? We started playing it when too many people who sucked wanted to play 8 ball and games took an hour.

Our 3 ball rules:
$1 in from all players
Low shot score wins
Tie goes to another round until there is a winner
Scratch is +1, ball in hand, and put a quarter up towards the next rack
Winner of the last round shoots first

It's best with 5-7 players. Too few and the pot doesn't get big enough, too many and you may never brake a tie.

I have yet to shoot a 2. I have only gotten a 3 a dozen times, but I can shoot a 4 almost every time. Sh!t talk is mandatory.

<edit> Only the bartender is allowed to shoot with a non-house cue because he's special. :rofl:
We have a pool table in our basement. It came with the house. I use it to fold laundry on.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
2.5-ish hr. trail ride last night on a newly "buffed" trail that I'd only ever ridden on my DH bike.

"Buffed" was not how I would describe it... Still awesome, and a hell of a workout.

I was having such a good time I went otb and gave the ground a vigorous high five. Nice bruise developing on my left palm.

Ouchies.

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
My youngest brother is flying into Denver to hang out for a few days, see the sights, etc. I texted him last night asking for his flight info so I could pick him up from the airport, he emailed me this morning:

"It says I should be there around lunchtime"

That kid...I just don't know.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
My youngest brother is flying into Denver to hang out for a few days, see the sights, etc. I texted him last night asking for his flight info so I could pick him up from the airport, he emailed me this morning:

It's the hair.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van

Be late and say you just weren't hungry.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
should have crammed the 600lb guy in there and called it a day.

don't say he won't fit....that's what sharp knives are for.
Heh. If we crammed Fatty McFat back there the plane would probably fall back on its tail. I'd rather not do that much sheet metal work.:monkey:

YOU were the skinniest guy on shift? :p
Easy there Skeletor, yesterday, I was the smallest guy by at least 50lbs. :busted: There is one other guy on days smaller than me but he was off.

Last edited:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Almost creamed a dumb ass cyclist on the way in to work today. Ride in the fkn road idiot & dont cross in the crosswalk! :rant:
'bout to take lunch.
yeah.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
washing my clothes to get rid of potential super bugs. Had to transport two patients from Isolation Wards. One had MRSA the other C.diff...nasty stuff

after doing the wash the machine will get a high bleach, high temp, no clothes, sterilization cycle