Quantcast

>>> Thurderpus <<<

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I’m unfortunately awake at this hour. A bit restless and the wife was coughing then snoring.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I’m unfortunately awake at this hour. A bit restless and the wife was coughing then snoring.
Get her a Snore MD, I have one and it increased my oxygen saturation and cut my snoring down a bit.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Up first, man is the house delightfully quiet and peaceful.

Was cutting crown molding last night and that stuff is such a trip to think through when you aren't in a molding mindset.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Great ride but cool and windy. I needed tights and a long sleeve jersey along with the wind vest.

They opened a new bike path along one of the arroyo's so I took it. Had a Fox run across the trail right in front of me, way cool.

now to get ready for work

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
now that i have some coffee,....... covid day 10. have felt mostly normal for a couple days now. wife is feeling better too. had enough energy yesterday that i did a short road ride, and took my son for an easy 4 mile trail ride. that didn't destroy me, which i'll take as a good sign. not gonna push it and try to ride DH this weekend, but possibly next. bumped my july 4th plans out a few days, and still be staying at my parents place from sunday through probably friday. bikes and pool time. travel plans are still tentative, saturday is day 10 for the wife, and we still want to test the kids again (as of yet they have not tested positive, nor shown any symptoms). so outlook is good.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Setting up to be tested for lyme disease tomorrow.
How long do the results take to get back?
I think people in Aus still have to send their blood OS to be tested as our Gov won't believe people that Lyme disease is here even though they have had positive results returned, may have changed now.
It looks like a horrible thing to have.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
last night i pitched to my wife that i finally want to go to whistler bike park sometime in the next few years. her response? "just go when the kids are in school".

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Thankfully got back to sleep. Still a bit wooly headed.

Only a half day allotted work today that I can do at any time from home. Wife has various appointments so I’m on kid 3 duty, then I have a concert to perform in this afternoon so no mountain biking type freedom of schedule for me.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
At work, at a different building. Had to come here as things aren't getting done.

Boss man told me yesterday to just go here, take an assessment and assign tasks to the respective people with target dates. Okay will do, because when I ask nicely shit aint getting done. Its not hard stuff either; for example two days ago I asked someone to go find a shipment that arrived - a giant pallet of UPS batteries. Just go find it. Nope, didn't get done and now no one knows where it is. And of course that guy is working from home today for whatever reason, so is basically useless. :banghead:

I wish I could take a picture of the server room here. What a freaking disaster, pretty embarrassing if you ask me for it to be that messy.

Calm blue ocean.
Calm blue ocean.

Oh well. Its our Friday up here due to freedom day tomorrow. Just need to push through today and get to the weekend. Should be good. Lots of bike and beer.

How long do the results take to get back?
I think people in Aus still have to send their blood OS to be tested as our Gov won't believe people that Lyme disease is here even though they have had positive results returned, may have changed now.
It looks like a horrible thing to have.
I hope it's under a day, because I leave on an eight day trip Saturday morning.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Day 2 of this seminar. Trying to arrange things with my intern while I am out of the office. He is useful but a little over eager....tough couple of weeks between COVID and now OOO.

Still debating a new TT frame...I don't need it....

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
i once thought i had lyme disease because i was tired all the time, my doc told me "no you're just getting old, that's normal"
I was just thinking this morning that adulthood is all about sleeping but not feeling rested, then deducing what you can accomplish in that day's state of fatigue.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Boardwalk then family pictures. Wifey wants pictures on the beach this year, so pictures on the beach this year. Down in Santa Cruz now at Wifey's rich uncle's house. Kind of rich where they don't have to spend worry about time, so they make coffee on a per-cup basis with the filter cup that sits above your mug. It's taking me 10min to make a cup of coffee. I drink 3-4 cups of coffee per day. I don't have time for this.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Here. Boardwalk then family pictures. Wifey wants pictures on the beach this year, so pictures on the beach this year. Down in Santa Cruz now at Wifey's rich uncle's house. Kind of rich where they don't have to spend worry about time, so they make coffee on a per-cup basis with the filter cup that sits above your mug. It's taking me 10min to make a cup of coffee. I drink 3-4 cups of coffee per day. I don't have time for this.
it's called pour over, and when done properly is one of the best cups of coffee you'll ever have, you fucking folgers heathen.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Working from home/Dad duty this morning while my wife see the baby doctor. Work may bitch about it, but what are they going to do, fire me? :banana:

I really need to go riding soon, hopefully this weekend while the max. temps are only in the 90's.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
my usual problem is just forcing myself to consistently get to bed at a reasonable time
Lemme guess, that's the part of day when the kids are in bed and you get time to yourself, so you stay up too late doing all those things you can't otherwise thus perpetuating the tired cycle?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
it's called pour over, and when done properly is one of the best cups of coffee you'll ever have, you fucking folgers heathen.
I buy good coffee, but put it in single-serve k-cups. Ain't. got. time. Have been drinking from a Meile machine for the last 4 days though, and that was amazing. Might need to put one of those onto the full kitchen reno list - in 10 years.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Lemme guess, that's the part of day when the kids are in bed and you get time to yourself, so you stay up too late doing all those things you can't otherwise thus perpetuating the tired cycle?
Then I mix in that I'm a sun-up person too. So up at 5:30am, in adtn to sleep at 11pm. That shit adds up. One weekend every 6mos or so, I just sleep. Hit exhaustion and sleep an entire day - 9pm-8am, breakfast, back to sleep, late lunch, sleep, dinner, sleep 8pm-9am.